Parents Another new skill brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK I am excited to announce that Little Bug did her RO BHS on the floor herself tonight. Now I did not see it, but I did hear about it from her coach. I have started to wean myself away from her practices at the gym and it seems that the new skills are coming more consistent when I am not there.

Like her front hip circle, she did one one night at the end of bar practice, then away it went for over 2 weeks, last week I stopped staying for practice and back it came, not just for one practice, but now every practice and open gym since. I did stay on Mon night per her request and when I watched her she did not make one, when I glanced over from a conversation with another mom she made them.

I am so excited in the fact that she just needs consistency and a straighter leg on her mill cirlce, and the cut back after for bars, and to be able to do her vault without being piked and all of her level 4 skills are there. She is at a big disadvantage with vault right now that in the end will be a huge advantage for her in the fact that they do vault practice with the extra 8 inch mat on the vault mat. She is the smallest in her group so it is so much harder for her right now.

Barb

CONGRATS on your little ones ROBHS! When my DD did hers last summer for the first time the whole team gymnastics thing really sank in...for both of us. I couldn't believe she could do that. The first big skill is always amazing. I think it was on that day my dd became addicted. At first the skills come and go, but soon they will become much more consistant. My dd used to make me sit to "watch" and "wait" but now she shows me afterwards if there is something new. As far as the vault though, on my dd's team I think the younger, smaller ones scored better than the older ones. Once they get that run, jump on the springboard, they look like they fly over the mat. Don't worry about size, she'll be fine.

I know what you mean about it sinking in. She did compete level 3 last year, but it seemed that she was a the bottom of the group with her ribbon colors, but now she is the first of the new level 4 girls to get the ROBHS on the floor, and only one other girl (the oldest of the group) can do the front hip. It just seems like things are taking off at leap and bounds. I cannot wait til later in the summer when she goes to Lake Owen to see what she can work on. She is 7 and the youngest in the gym going, only because I will be camp nurse the session that she is there.

Barb

Sounds like a great opportunity to go to camp, learn some new skills, work on some old ones and still have you there! I decided against it this year for my DD after reading the replies to my post about 2 months ago. My DD is 7 now too and I think she would have been fine, but by next Summer she will have had another L4 season AND a L5 season and be a little more mature I hope.

Off topic here, but my friend did the *camp* nurse thing last year and this year at Girl Scout Camp and LOVED it! Plus her daughter was able to do programs at a reduced fee and she was able to bring her younger son too who loved being with the girls. I'll bet you & your daughter will have a blast!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: Good for her !!! That is one of the most exciting milestones !!

Congratulations to her! That is very exciting. I remember when my dd got hers last summer and we were all thrilled, though I have to say the front hip was a bigger deal to me because it took awhile to get. It sounds like your dd will have a great L4 season.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back