Parents Another Northern Lights Meet Report (long..)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All!

Beetle also competed at the Northern Lights meet this past weekend. She had that great ole 7:45 am Sunday morning time. We live about 2 1/2 hours away from the meet and typically we will go down the night before. I have been gone so much lately that we decided to just get up early and drive down.

Up at 4:00 am.. out the door by 5:15. Stop for breakfast and walked in right on time.

Beetle had her favorite rotations.. Olympic order..

Vault - threw a HUGE Tuck Tsuk. Wow.. when did this kid learn to vault?? LOL Score? 9.35 .. AHH!!! Tied with her highest event score ever and shattered her previous vault high. So at this point.. My Hubby and I look at each other and think.. Event Finals?? Northern Lights is the only meet we compete at that does Event finals.. For Level 8 they take the top 3 scores (Regardless of age) from the 3 sessions of L8. These girls are invited back to compete in Finals.. Which happened to be at 5:00 that night. Well - we never thought this was possible.. (otherwise let me tell you we wouldn't have gotten up at 4:00 am)

Next up, bars.. kinda melted down.. had to cast up 3 times before getting her pirouette 7.75 oh well..

Beam.. looked good.. no connection on flight 8.3

Floor - nice and clean high tumbling 8.95 (cant seem to crack that 9...)

In the mean time.. Beetle's coach was coming over after every rotation.. 'Where is she.?? Is that vault score holding up for finals?" and it was... all the way to the last rotation when a very very good gym threw up some 9.6's and 9.7's. We were just FINE with that.. having to waste time and sit through a whole other meet.. not part of the plan.

Onto Awards. She placed 5th on Vault and just missed a floor medal.

Then they call out the girls invited back to Finals. They call 3 girls from an out of state gym for Vault. Guess what? They dont stay.. so they call 3 more girls.. One of them.. BEETLE! HOLY COW.. She started crying she was so happy! (I may have shed a couple tears too)

SO now? Meet Report Part 2!! Event Finals.

First let me tell you by saying Event finals are amazing. They take the top 9 Senior L10's, top 9 Junior L10's, top 9 L9's regardless of age and then top 9 L8's for each event from the weekend. They rank them by their qualifying score. Beetle would have qualified under any of the other sessions because she was ranked 5th. Our L10 was there for 3 events.. the skills these girls are throwing are amazing. We even saw a Perfect 10 on vault from a Senior 10.

Beetle was in the 2nd rotation and threw up an even BIGGER Tsuk. Took a huge step but that is okay.. score? I about pooped my pants! 9.475!! She finished 5th.

I couldn't be happier for her.. she has worked so hard coming back from her ankle injuries. Just being in event finals was an honor then for her to throw such a big vault and get such a high score? It was priceless.

Even better? Gymnastike was there covering the meet! My Hubby didnt get the Event Final Vault on Video.. but they did!

I will post video of the regular meet soon, but here is the event final.

TGA Gliders (Hayden Schulte) - 9.475 | 2010 Northern Lights Classic EVENT FINALS on Gymnastike

We ended up not leaving the meet till 10:00 that night.. got home around 12:15 am.. but let me tell you .. to watch the joy on Beetle's face.. 100% worth it..

if you made it to the end of this post congratulations! :)

Thanks for listening to this Proud Mom!

Okay that is THE most awesome meet report. The video on Gymastike is seriously cool. Beetle has come so far with her vaulting and deserves every seccond of her event finals.

But that also wins the award as the longest meet in history, you lot must've been exhausted on Monday!

Wow How cool for Beetle! I am soo impressed!
Thats such a great video too her vault is gorgeous!
(I have never heard of Gymnastike before)

That is awesome!! It was a great vault. Gymnastike, wow, she is famous!! How cool! Congrats to her.

Congrats to her on making event finals--that is awesome!!!! One of our 8s made it on beam--one 9 on beam too and a 10 made it on floor. I heard about the perfect 10 on vault--I don't know if they've given that out in Minnesota before!

WOW !!! Congrat's to Beetle, what an incredible day I know you are so proud. That must have been so exciting !!!!

Wow, that is awesome!! What a great way to head into States and how incredibly cool that her video is on Gymnastike! Congrats to Beetle!

Will have to watch the vid when I get home from work--they block all videos on our computers.

What wonderful things happen when you least expect them---plus getting up early in the am:)

Tell Beetle congrats and big high 5!

Saw the video last night. That was a big tsuk!!! Boy, that leo looked familiar. Our team girls are wearing the same one this year as the team leo(worn 1x/week). Always put in the gym bag for meets as a "back up."

Thanks everyone! It was a great day.. she was flying high all week! She even told her coach that she is going to do a Pike Tsuk at state. She was standing them up pretty consistently last night. Now, if she just could nail bars and beam like she does vault & floor we would be set LOL

Boy, that leo looked familiar. Our team girls are wearing the same one this year as the team leo(worn 1x/week). Always put in the gym bag for meets as a "back up."

Funny thing about the leo, Apparently, Gymnasts typically wear Short Sleeved Leo's for the Event Finals. GK was there with a great selection. They even had a 'iron on press' there.. So they could get the word "FINALS" in rhinestones added. Beetle did.. it is on the back of the Leo. She loves it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back