Parents Another proud momma moment!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

born2flip06

I just get so excited when we get home from the gym. I have no friends that have kids in gymnastics so talking to them they don't understand my excitement. My DD got her first back handspring 2 weeks ago and is doing roundoffs with 4 back handsprings with a very spotted back tuck at the end and loving it a lot. Yesturday was her artistic night which is a rec class. She is a level 4 and her coach is training her for level 5 for next year. Last night she was stretching in her splits and she has all three very well that he is doing over splits with her because she can do all her splits so good. WELL, the level 6 team coach came over to my DD coach (who is a very good friend of mine) and asked about my DD. Well her coach said that she was with him last summer and then went to another gym when he left and now they are back together. He asked if he could take her and test her and so she did. He came up to me during her class and said "Do you realize how talented your daughter is? She has incredible flexability and her toe points are fantastic. I have never seen a 6 year old do 10 leg lifts on the bars or for that matter a roundoff with 4 back handsprings. I thought she was 8 but about fell on the floor when she said she was 6. Would you be interrested in putting her on team?" At this point I can't afford the team and I don't want to take her away from her coach who we have been waiting to get back to training with. Of course he came over after class with a sad face and said "your not taking her away from me are you?" He has taught her EVERYTHING she knows and I would be stupid to do that so I told him when he starts working with the team I will move her over then. I was such a happy parent not only for daughter but for her coach. He takes so much pride in his work and it shows in the kids he coaches. He started at the new gym 5 weeks ago and every one of his classes are full. It's amazing to see how much kids and parents love him and his style of coaching. I just had to share another proud momma moment with you all since I can't talk to anyone else who will know what I'm talking about. I just got off the phone with her coach and he thanked me for keeping her with him. How funny! Have a wonderful day I am off to get DD from school and off to the gym we go.

Proud momma of a little gym monkey!

That is awesome! I think it is great that she loves her coach and that they seem to work well together. Brag away, proud mama!

I can guarantee you that if my dd was doing that stuff at 6 I too would be bragging away !!! It is so nice when they have a coach like that. My dd was extremely close to her coach in NY. She was with him for 3 years before we moved about 2.5 years ago. It is really sweet though because they still keep in touch through email and a trip to NY would not be complete without a visit to her old gym to see her coach.

What an awesome relationship with that coach!! It sounds like your dd is VERY talented and you SHOULD be very proud!! And hey, we live for awesome proud moments like that...makes all the hours of driving to and from gym worth it, right???:D

Kelly

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back