Parents Another Proud Parent Alert

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xxStumpyxx

Proud Parent
Warning.... Another proud parent alert!!

I am very proud of my daughters....

My oldest for handling her first injury and time off gym with good spirits.

My youngest for just doing gymnastics, she has never had any real luck, spent 2 years in rec before getting invited to a development group, albeit a low level group with low hours, going through group restructures and coach changes with a slight increase in hours and an extra day and continuing on the same pathway ... Basically a competitive recreational group, seeing others have luck and move up to club level while my hard working daughter is still on the same pathway, never wone a medal throughout her preschool days, recreational days and being bottom of her age group for her one and only competitive competition last year.

I am proud of her work ethics that she places on herself, the fact that she never cheats and is honest if things are too difficult, proud of her for never batting an eye if she comes bottom, proud way she gets on with all her team mates and even made an effort for her former team mate who made things difficult for her. My daughter may not be a club level gymnast but it is clear to see that she loves the sport amd gives it her all and I hope that it continues for as long as she wants it to.

Here's to all the gymnasts who are hard working and never get a medal and never gives up when things get rough, your day to shine will come..

You are absolutely right! Good for her and I hope your older daughter's injury heals quickly. Having and maintaining a great attitude in this sport is so important. And it sounds like they have a wonderful supportive parent in you!

One of the things I love about this sport is the caliber of people it creates. It sounds like your girls are starting out as amazing young ladies who have stellar futures ahead, both in and out of gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back