MAG Any Boy YouTubers?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

lilmisssunshine

Proud Parent
So I'm 100% certain that I'm not the only one who has a kid who wants to be a YouTuber. My son wants to do this and I've even recorded a few "watch me play video games" or "let's try gross food combinations" ones.

I was wondering there are any channels like the SevenGymnasticsGirls but for boys? I'm trying to inspire him to go more in that direction because I feel like when you're good at something and passionate about it, that's what makes you stand out more than doing some of the same things that other people are doing.

Also, were there updates on whether NCAA rules are changing on earning money through YouTube? When I first joined here a few years ago, I thought that the language was non-specific enough that many college hopefuls just avoided it. But I also remember seeing something about a change. I realize college is many years off, but I don't want to ruin something now.

My son is a youtuber, he also streams on twitch. It is his full time job.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7zkWVkHBSMGpfHVgaFqr1A

https://go.twitch.tv/risingsuperstream

He formally was with a larger group of "lets players", but decided to go solo for personal reasons, and also to work on his own video game. It can be a pretty harsh world though, lots of nice fans out there, but also lots of ugly handed trolls. You need to develop a thick skin and deal with a lot of pressure.

I know @jenjean70 has a YouTube channel for her DS with lots of great videos

Also Nile Wilson does (the GB champion). I believe there are more Olympians on youtube

I don't think there is a collab channel for guys but I have never looked for it

I like Nile Wilson's videos. He is so passionate about gym and his dad is quite funny. Tom Daly, British Olympic diver is also an active You Tuber. Both of them frequently pair with other athletes and will link to each other's channels.

My son had a YouTube channel where he did a few “instructional” type “how to do a backflip” videos but it soon disintegrated into long and unfocused clips of him and his friends doing things like “the lemon challenge”

He does follow some channels that are male gymnast focused so I’ll see what they are.

He has since moved on to Instagram.

I have a channel that I post videos about my kids or they come up with ideas and I will direct....mostly it is gymnastics competitions and gymnastics though. The channel DOES make money starting last year because of the "Belly Flop Contest" that I uploaded four years ago about the twins 8th birthday party- it got put on some list and went from around 1000 views to 4 million views in a year!
My son was also on a channel called SevenKoolGymnasts but they stopped making videos after a year...(he didn't want to do it but I made him do it because he is not good with talking and expressing himself to teachers, coaches or anyone so it was good practice)...
If my kids ran the channel it would be ALL video games! My shy gymnast wants to get some gizmo that will help him record and upload videos of him playing video games.
I am starting another channel for myself called Arting with Jennifer because I teach art and I use my personal page for playlists for my class and I need a separate space. :)
This is my only channel with content right now.... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFoPVEaBCy6P44Q0DQvspcw?view_as=subscriber

My son is a youtuber, he also streams on twitch. It is his full time job.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7zkWVkHBSMGpfHVgaFqr1A

https://go.twitch.tv/risingsuperstream

He formally was with a larger group of "lets players", but decided to go solo for personal reasons, and also to work on his own video game. It can be a pretty harsh world though, lots of nice fans out there, but also lots of ugly handed trolls. You need to develop a thick skin and deal with a lot of pressure.
That's awesome! He's got a lot of subscribers!

The old group he worked with has 600,000, starting fresh was definitely a challenge.
WOW!!! How did they split the money they made? I think a collaborative channel would be hard. That's awesome that he has been so successful on youtube!

WOW!!! How did they split the money they made? I think a collaborative channel would be hard. That's awesome that he has been so successful on youtube!

A collaborative channel is hard. There were two original guys and they made the most, two others were added later. They also put out a weekly podcast, and that made great $$$. It supported 4 of them full time, they travelled to cons all over too. DS still does that for his own channel, but his primary focus now is game dev, he much prefers working alone and live streaming versus pre recorded stuff.

A collaborative channel is hard. There were two original guys and they made the most, two others were added later. They also put out a weekly podcast, and that made great $$$. It supported 4 of them full time, they travelled to cons all over too. DS still does that for his own channel, but his primary focus now is game dev, he much prefers working alone and live streaming versus pre recorded stuff.
That's awesome. My 14 year old went to a camp this summer to learn about creating video games. He's not really into making anything for YouTube though.

I have a channel that I post videos about my kids or they come up with ideas and I will direct....mostly it is gymnastics competitions and gymnastics though. The channel DOES make money starting last year because of the "Belly Flop Contest" that I uploaded four years ago about the twins 8th birthday party- it got put on some list and went from around 1000 views to 4 million views in a year!

So what? - when a video starts gaining traction does youtube reach out and offer to pay you? Or did you apply for a partnership? I am always curious as to how that worked...

Reactions: sce
So what? - when a video starts gaining traction does youtube reach out and offer to pay you? Or did you apply for a partnership? I am always curious as to how that worked...
You click on the monetize button on your videos and then you set up an account through google and when it hits the $100 thresh hold the money is deposited in your bank account.

My son wants to be a youtuber some day. He has a youtube channel but it is just gymnastics. I think he puts more videos on Twitter now than he does on YouTube. He also puts video clips on Instagram. He has 2 Instagram accounts with one just for gymnastics.

Here is his YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelj2020gymnast

He and 2 other boys made a channel during the Region 5 Elite Team camp this past summer. It was just videos from the camp including gymnastics, fails, eating and playing around in their rooms. There was nothing in appropriate in it but the cover picture was them showing off their abs. They quickly had lots of girl gymnasts following them. One of the boys coaches made them delete it because he was worried about college recruiters not liking it. It was only up for a couple weeks.

I have one for sharing videos with my family and friends. Here is mine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmKJYG9YQmuKi8nUzItfBQ

We don't monetize any of our YouTube activity.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back