Any New Skills? Weigh In Please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
Just curious, what new skills are you working on? With spot or without.
I just got my double back off bars a few days ago.
What about you guys???

I'm mostly working on cleaning up and being more consistent on things. Like my hand full vault and my handstand 1/2 pirouette on bars, as well as my front stepout pass. I need to move my BHS up from the low beam and my back 1/2 up from the resi to a floor with mats on it...gah. Frustration.

Working on:
Vault: Fhs over table (with spot)
Bars: Neater and more consistent kip (without spot)
Handstand pirouette on floor bar (with spot)
Beam: Cartwheel on low beam (without spot)
Vertical handstand on high beam (without spot)
Full turn on low beam (without spot)
Floor: Cleaner robhs (without spot)
Cleaner fhs (without spot)
Tumble track/tramp: Front layout (without spot)
Back tuck (without spot)

I'm working on quite a few things,
Bars: Fly Away, doing it with a spot onto mats.
Clear hip, I have this, working on shooting back up to the blocks.
More Consistant, prettier kips. They're coming along nicely.

Beam: Back Walkover. Ugh so frusturating. Some days I'm spot on, some days I can't make one. Plus add it my back hurting and so some days I can't work on them at all.

I can hold a nice side handstand for quite a while though.

Floor: Round-Off Back Handspring Back Tuck. I can do this. It's a fear issue. But I'm determined to get this.
Cleaned up my back ext. roll though.

Vault: My handspring is looking quite nice. Have started half on drills.

Giants on regular bar over the pit... my coach was spotting me, but she said she was barely doing anything. She also said that she was going to step down from the spotting ledge soon and have me do it by myself.
Cast to handstands, not so good. :/

Back walkover back handspring connection on beam. Then I'll have to move it to high beam.

Back layout on floor. Currently doing them with a spot.

Cleaning up the vaults, although we don't go to vault very often because we need to work on the other events.

I just started training fronthandspring fronts on vault into the pit. They're alot of fun! On beam I'm working on back walkover backhandspring connections and standing back tucks. On floor I'm working on front layouts and hopefully going to start twisting fulls soon. And on bars I'm working cast to handstands and giants.
:)

great job on your double off bars! i just got my giants back!! (I just came back from an injury)

bars: giants into layout or double back fly away,getting my kip cast handstand back and getting a clear hip handstand
vault:moving a tsuk and a yurchenko from pit vault to real vault
beam: back handspring series on floor beam and side flip on the line, moving a standing back tuck from floor beam to low beam
floor: RO BHS 1 1/2 (possibly add a FT or FL???) and getting my FHS FL back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back