Off Topic Anyone been to broadway shows?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thegymfreak

Gymnast
Does anyone have a recommendation for a broadway show to see?
(My family likes taking a train to the city)
We have seen Wicked (Which was amazingly fantastically spectacular) and would see it again. Has anyone else seen shows, and would have ideas about where to go?

No idea where to go as I am in Australia but I have seen:
Mamma Mia
Wicked
Love never dies
Billy Elliot
Legally Blonde
Jersey boys
Mary Poppins
Chicago (on broadway)
Maybe some others that I can't remember, Love never dies (sequel of phantom of the opera or maybe it was prequel but I think sequel) Jersey boys and Mary Poppins were all amazing and legally blonde was very very very funny!

My teen and I loved Avenue Q, off Broadway right now. But very funny. Not for little kids though, definitely a racy show. Lion King was an awesome family production, have seen it a few times. It never gets old.

Lion King all the way! I went to see it with family a couple months ago when it went through Detroit...long drive for us but the coolest thing ever! As has already been stated, it's a great kids' show, but stunningly spectacular for adults too. Not sure who liked it most...my ten year old cousin, me, or my grandmother! I'm still humming "Hakuna Matata"! :)

My teen and I loved Avenue Q, off Broadway right now. But very funny. Not for little kids though, definitely a racy show. Lion King was an awesome family production, have seen it a few times. It never gets old.
Avenue Q was too racy for me, and I don't consider myself a prude. I wasn't offended... Just embarassed. Watched a lot of it peaking out from between my fingers going, "I can't believe they're doing that!" Maybe it's because they're muppets... If I hadn't grown up watching Sesame Street, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad...

Avenue Q was too racy for me, and I don't consider myself a prude. I wasn't offended... Just embarassed. Watched a lot of it peaking out from between my fingers going, "I can't believe they're doing that!" Maybe it's because they're muppets... If I hadn't grown up watching Sesame Street, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad...
I took my 15 year old dd last summer and we laughed ourselves silly. It certainly open the dialogue about certain issues surrounding the show, but I wasn't offended at all. Us Europeans are funny that way. But I do agree that muppets getting it on does seem very raunchy and WRONG!

Lion King is visually stunning!!! I also love, love, love Wicked, but you said you've seen that.

gotta agree with dunno...Les Mis in person is stunning!!! Lion King is a great one, too. Into the woods is also very good...can you still see that one? We also saw A chorus Line...always a great one, too. Show Boat is visually awesome, and vocally great, too. An oldie, but still great.

I recently found out that a book my oldest son had read (and loved) has been made into a broadway show. Peter and the Starcatchers is a prequel to peter pan written by Dave Barry and Ridley Scott. I seems to have been getting pretty good reviews as well! Here is a link to the website for the show!! Official Site for PETER AND THE STARCATCHER

My vote would be for Lion King. I've seen it once and I would see it again in a heart beat!!

Not sure how old you are or the rest of your family is, but Les Miserables was also VERY good!!!

I heard Beauty and the Beast is coming back out. I saw that years ago and it was breathtaking. I've seen most of what everyone has listed. West Side Story was good but didn't realize half of it was in Spanish, it was still great. The Producers was super funny.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back