Parents Anyone Competing this weekend??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Well, dd's first Level 5 meet is tomorrow. She's really excited, as am I. She has all of her skills, even her RO-BHS-BHS! Doesn't look very pretty but she has it! She has both of her kips on bars and her cartwheel on beam. I just hope she nails it like she's been doing in practice, and that nerves don't get in the way. ;)

I'll post results this weekend!

Where's everyone else competing this weekend?

DD does not have a meet this weekend, I am happy to have a weekend w/o a meet. Her final L3 meet is next Saturday.

Good Luck to your DD on her first L5 meet. Please let us know how she does. Maybe you should give her some of the 'sticky feet water' I have been reading about in another post for that cartwheel !! just incase the nerves show up.

Have a great meet.

Hey,

Good luck to dd at her 1st level 5 meet! How exciting:)! My dd has her level 4 sectionals this weekend. She is really hoping to make it to state. They only take the 35 top scoring gymnasts, so we'll see. Regardless of how she does, it is a very fun meet (she went last year).

Let us know how it went;)!

DD does not have a meet this weekend, I am happy to have a weekend w/o a meet. Her final L3 meet is next Saturday.

Good Luck to your DD on her first L5 meet. Please let us know how she does. Maybe you should give her some of the 'sticky feet water' I have been reading about in another post for that cartwheel !! just incase the nerves show up.

Have a great meet.

Hey, where can I get some of that 'sticky feet water':D???

Juju has a meet...

Juju has her 2nd level 4 meet this weekend and it is a biggie! This is the one that our gym is hosting at the local university. I believe the final count came in at 702 gymnasts (men & women) from Level 2-10 coming for the weekend. During the women's sessions there will be 2 full sets of equipment going so I have a feeling it will be crazy. The rotation schedule is insane-LOL. I really hope DD does not get overwhelmed by it all. She did okay in her first meet a couple weeks ago but I know she can do better. She will be in the Sunday afternoon session.

Juju has her 2nd level 4 meet this weekend and it is a biggie! This is the one that our gym is hosting at the local university. I believe the final count came in at 702 gymnasts (men & women) from Level 2-10 coming for the weekend. During the women's sessions there will be 2 full sets of equipment going so I have a feeling it will be crazy. The rotation schedule is insane-LOL. I really hope DD does not get overwhelmed by it all. She did okay in her first meet a couple weeks ago but I know she can do better. She will be in the Sunday afternoon session.

GL Juju - I am sure you will rock the meet :)

That is a big meet! Sounds like the one our gym does every year. Good luck Juju! :)

NettyinPA-Good luck to your DD in her first L5 meet! I hope she nails all her skills and has fun! :D

Juju-Good luck in your 2nd meet! Have fun!

DD has her last meet of the season tomorrow morning. She barely qualified for states and tomorrow is her state meet. :D

Hey, where can I get some of that 'sticky feet water':D???

I am not sure :eek:. I read it in one of the threads - cannot find it again :(. I think it is just bottled water that the gymmie is told is 'sticky feet water' to make them think it will help them stay on the beam.

Hey,

Good luck to dd at her 1st level 5 meet! How exciting:)! My dd has her level 4 sectionals this weekend. She is really hoping to make it to state. They only take the 35 top scoring gymnasts, so we'll see. Regardless of how she does, it is a very fun meet (she went last year).

Hope she has fun and that she makes it to state. It is weird how different it is to qualify in different areas.

Last year at States here, there were almost 350 L4 gymnasts, you only need a 28AA to qualify and it can be at any sanctioned meet. Those are the scores required for L4-6 to go to States. For L7-10, they need a 31.0AA at one meet.

Hey,

Best of luck to your dd at sectionals - we don't have them, and they still confuse me LOL! Sending her the "Make it to state" Fairy Dust sprinklies! ;)

Good luck to everyone with meets!

My dd first meet isn't until December, and then its a big one with over 1700 gymnast attending! Yikes!

Thanks to all that post scores and reports - I love reading how everyone is doing!

WOW - Huge meet:D! We don't have any that size here. Good luck JuJu, you'll do great:)!

Mariposamama - The best of luck to your dd at state:)!

In our state, level 4-6 qualifies to Sectionals with a 31.00AA at any one meet. They only just started having the level 4's compete state, but as you can see, it is very limited who gets to go:rolleyes:!

Everyone have a great weekend (meet or not:cool:), I am getting ready to hit the road myself. Our meet is 3-1/2 hours away, we'll be spending the night, as we are on at 7:45 am:(!!

DD has her second L6 meet NEXT weekend in Fredericksburg. It will be a big one... we even have a club coming from MEXICO to participate!!!

Good luck at the Level 5 meet. Maybe we should get some of that sticky water for the BWO on beam!!!

-L

Good luck!!! that's exciting! Here's to staying on the beam for the both of us!!! :)

DD has state level 6 on Sat... so we need lots of luck also!!! It's going to be a tough competition.

Haven has her first lv7 meet in the morning. She is sooooo nervous. If she does well, she will be moving to lv8. It is going so fast. I hope she can pull it all together!!!!

Good luck to all the gymmies competing this weekend. Sending lots of good luck fairies all over !!!! Can't wait to hear how everyone did :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back