Parents Anyone competing this weekend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Shawn, good luck to Skylar this weekend!

Hunde, I loved the videos of your daughter. Her bar routine is fantastic! Good luck to her at her next meet.

We are competing next at Judge's Cup the weekend of Feb. 23/24. I don't have session times yet so I'm not sure which day it will be.

Meg

My DD will be at the Judges cup in Virginia next weekend as well. The session times were posted last night. We're on for 8:00 a.m. Sunday!

Netty--We live in CO and the meet was in Denver. The girls loved the numbers on their backs, but had to be reminded to turn their backs to the judges, so they could check that they had the right gymnast and then turn around and salute.

Meg--Well your little one is just as cute as can be and has a really nice dance foundation. She knows how to work up on her toes on floor and beam. I wish my gymmie had looked like that so young!
Gymmie stayed at the meet with some other girls and parents(we had to leave) and went over to say hi to some of her old teammates etc. from previous gym. With the exception of 2 girls, they all snubbed her or made some crummy comment about the gym she is training at now. Well, the little tiger in her has come to life and she said, "I'm going to work twice as hard in the gym to show them how really good I can be."

Tumblequeensmom, thanks for letting me know! We are 12:45 on Sunday, which figures since I have a haircut appt. set for my daughter at that time. I guess I will have to change it.

Gymlawmom, thanks so much for the nice comments about Lily. Beam is still her nemesis but it has improved immensely. How unsportsmanlike of your daughter's former teammates to make nasty remarks. You would hope they would be more gracious than that. I'm glad to hear your daughter was not upset and instead has decided to show them how good she is!

Meg

My 10 yo L4 dd is competing at Circle Of Stars in INdianapolis on Sunday. This is a huge meet at the convention center with 5 gyms set up going all weekend....thousands of gymnasts from all over.

DD is competing at the Judge's Cup in Virginia tomorrow! We're leaving home in about an hour to spend the night down there! Wish her luck!

-Lynn

Emily competes next week at her home gym on Sunday afternoon. I am excited of course since we have had a 3 week break from meets... I am ready to watch her compete again:)

amber is competing at gaspirilla in tampa on saturday. We are excited this is our first away meet.

Cate is competing at Springhill next weekend. There are only 19 Level 6's in our session and 11 are our team, so it should be fun.

The Great West Gymfest was a tough competition last weekend.Next weekend she will be competing at the Battle of Seattle.

Lynn, I hope your daughter had a good meet! The judging was tough at our session. There were a lot of really low scores. My dd actually placed with an 8.00 on beam! This was not her best meet, but she qualified to States so I guess it was worthwhile. Her scores were:

Beam: 8.00 (she fell on her leap) 7th place
Bars: 8.70 6th place
Vault: 8.90 7th place
Floor: 8.80 4th place

AA: 7th place. I keep hoping she will see some 9s soon!

Meg

Meg ~ what level is your dd?? My dd is a level 4 and competed this past Friday and scored her very first 9!! Well, a 9.125 to be exact! Her scores were:

Vault ~ 9.125 - 10th place (there were 26 girls in her group)
Bars ~ 8.45
Beam ~ 8.0 (she fell but man was this judge giving out low scores. One of our older girls had what we all thought was a near flawless routine, probably her best, and she only scored an 8.475. WTH?)
Floor ~ 8.075 (still doesn't have her BHS)

States is this Saturday and chances are she still won't have that ROBHS. She is upset about it. I would rather her leave it out than try it and just end up hurting herself. Any ideas?

Hope everyone that competed this weekend had a good meet!

Congratulations to all the girls who competed this past weekend. Sounds like some of you had some tough judges... I hate that. and good luck to all competing this weekend as well:)

Thanks for asking about DD... it wasn't her best meet. I had heard that the Judges were tough! Some of our L6 mom's were just furious... but hey, it's not like basketball where you either score a point for shooting a basket or you don't! HA!

DD fell off the bean on her cartwheel, so she lost .5 right there! She still managed an 8.450.

Her bars were 8.95; vault was 8.8; floor was 8.4.... I just couldn't understand such a low score on floor til I viewed the video tape last night.... her splits were not straight (yes, she was fully flat on the floor, but really cockeyed); her back extension doesn't look quite right, and she had too much bend in her legs on the back HS series... oh well. Her AA was 34.6... which she was disappointed in... she was hoping for closer to a 36 this time around. We still have 3 more meets before states, so maybe she can do that at another meet!

We always think the Judging at the Judge's Cup is really tough. Last year, our old gym had said that they wouldn't return this year (but they did). I'm just glad I'm not a judge!

How'd everyone else do who attended this meet?

-Lynn

Anyone heading to Columbus Ohio for the Arnold Classic? My dd competes Sat morning. Arnold Schwarzenegger makes an appearance.

my L4 dd's results

So, we went to our biggest meet of the season. DD is 10 yo L4. She had a good meet but was only one element from great.

UB-9.05-did not place
BB-7.3 (fall on dismount twice plus not having dismount= -1.6 on that one element)
FX-8.85 (seemed a little low)
V-9.45 (6th)
AA-34.7-did not place (would have had a 36.3 if she would have gotten her dismount which she still would not have placed but this owuld have been an awesome score for her--closer to her potential.)

There were 13 girls in her age group. Of those 13, 7 were 2nd year level 4s. in order to medal in the AA you needed a 37.475 (11th was a 36.2). My dd got last in the AA.

She just got stuck in a hard group. Earlier sessions of L4 she would have done pretty well. We are really pleased. Her vault score is her higest ever score. Vault used to be her worst event but it just clicked teh last two meets. State is in two weekends.

Lynn, I hope your daughter had a good meet! The judging was tough at our session. There were a lot of really low scores. My dd actually placed with an 8.00 on beam! This was not her best meet, but she qualified to States so I guess it was worthwhile. Her scores were:

Beam: 8.00 (she fell on her leap) 7th place
Bars: 8.70 6th place
Vault: 8.90 7th place
Floor: 8.80 4th place

AA: 7th place. I keep hoping she will see some 9s soon!

Meg

Another great job for L!! Sounds like a tough scoring meet...she is doing so fabulous to be scoring so well her 1st year competing, let alone competing L4 so young! when does she compete next???? we had a rough one this weekend as well - all of our L5's fell off on beam.... it just happens sometimes once the nerves kick in. You can do it a thousand times great, and then that one time you fall it happens to be at a meet.

kathy, I think our gyms were at the same meet this weekend. :p lots of tough competition... sounds like the falls on beam were contagious! Your dd still did so good. She should be so proud to come so far on vault! Good luck to her at state:D

Anyone heading to Columbus Ohio for the Arnold Classic? My dd competes Sat morning. Arnold Schwarzenegger makes an appearance.

Our gym was originally scheduled for this meet - they competed it last year and had a BLAST! but it did not work out this year.... good luck to your dd this weekend:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back