I read somewhere about your DD's sweat pants and t-shirt..if she was on the roster for the state meet then she should still be able to get it! Want me to give you our gym's email or try to find out for you??
No, we don't do it. Our gym has such a big JOGA program, plus the USAG, I think it's just too much for them. And, I probably couldn't afford another season anyway, LOL
Not to mention DD is on the "injured list" again. She strained some back muscles during conditioning on Weds night. Sad thing is, all her injuries thus far haven't been due to her actually doing gymnastics...all conditioning!
Hey there, we do usaigc . . . and we expect to go to California in June for Nationals! DD is going to the national individual events in May doing all for 4 events Bronze and silver floor / beam . If you have any questions . . . I love the program. I especially like that they can compete on more then one level. They can specialize up a level so someone having trouble with one event can move ahead on the others
(airfare around $400 pp!!!)
Already got my tickets total 600 even round trip for me and DD, including taxes, fees yadda yadda . . . and the all important insurance so I can cancel if needed.
Hey GMM, just wanted to let you know that there was talk at our gym that some of the USAG girls might do an IGC meet to qualify to States/Regionals. The girls who would participate are the ones who were injured and didn't get to compete a full season, if at all and those who didn't qualify to USAG Regionals.
My point is that dd was told that she could participate, so if they (coaches) do follow through and get them IGC numbers and such I guess she will still be competing after all. I think they are trying to get them in for the May 2/3 meet at Flyers and then States/Regionals.
Great news! We may finally get to meet at States! Would your Level 8 girls do Gold or Platinum? We have done the meet at Flyers before but we're not going this year. We still don't know if we are going to Nationals. Right now we only have about 8 girls committed to going so the HC will have to make a decision.
I think Gold. I know she doesn't have 2 bar changes that would be required for Platinum, so unless they could whip that up in like 2 weeks, I would think they would put her in Gold. She just started the overshoot, but she might be lucky if she could compete it next USAG season, not now!
I will say and I have said to dd, that I will believe everything when they ask for the money for the IGC number and meet fees - until then, I am hesitant that she will compete. I just don't have a ton of faith in our coaches when it comes to administrative stuff - I am hoping though that they come through. I mean Flyers would be 2 weeks away.
Getting a USAIGC takes a matter of minutes per gymnast, but I tried to find the flyer I had with the Flyers deadline and could not...that's where you may run into a problem. Are your lower level girls already registered?
I might ask HC tonight how we should go about getting the IGC number.
Granny Smith;71053 Her rationale is that dd would not be ready for Premier and would compete Gold and she (HC) and also IGC Coach do not want dd competing against the current IGC Gold team. [/quote said:That is reasonable thinking on your coaches' part, and I must confess, I was a bit concerned myself since our DD's would have been in the same age group again! LOL.
Great news about all the skills that she's training!