Parents Anyone else feel left out?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
I keep reading about all these meets, sectionals and states and we have not even started our season. We are still a month away from it! In a way I can't wait, but it will be hectic.

My oldests first meet is on Saturday, but youngest doesn't have hers until February, that's a long way off. Those routines will be very boring by then!!!

Me too. DD doesn't have her mock meet till Dec and not till Jan for the meet season. I love hearing everybody's meet report and can't wait until DD starts competing.

Ok soooo can't say I fee for ya hee hee - we waited an entire YEAR to be able to post a meet report LOL.

Although, I have to admit that reading about everyone elses dd's meet reports became my guilty pleasure. Just relax, enjoy and.... trust me meet season will be here before you know it. I am too well aware how fast time goes by. It is just crazy... :D

I have so long to wait until I can post a meet report for dd! Even though she will be moved up to level 3 in a few months Im not sure when she will be able to compete in her first meet. I love reading how everyone's dds are doing... it gives me something to look forward too!

I'm torn between not having any meets to get ready for and just sitting back and reading others reports. My gymmie has a mock meet 2nd Sat. of Dec.---done to obviously see routines and give warnings to anyone who doesn't have skills that are needed. They should hopefully have their new meet leos then, so the coaches want to see how those look. 1st meet is 2nd weekend of Jan. I know once we hit Christmas break, time will fly by and that 1st meet will be here before we know it.

We're a month out to. They just worked their routines all the way through for the first time last week. DD's missed a few practices with her rehearsal schedule. She'll miss another one tonight for opening night. I'll be kind of glad once the first meets over. I've been telling to just think of it as a practice meet. She'll be fine and her scores always get higher as the season progresses.

I always tell my gymie that the first one is just practice. It is fun to watch them progress over the season.

Heck we're in competition season, and I still feel left out!

Many of the other mom's have a social get together after each meet at a local Denny's.
I don't go because it's restricted to mother/daughter/team time. I guess I can understand that. Not a whole lot of dad's involved at our gym. The last time I sat at the counter for an hour. I had so much coffee, I felt BHS would be no problem! Thankfully... it was just the coffee talking. :D

I can't wait either although I wished there would be time for more practice.Everything looks good except bars.Can do individual skills but has not connected them yet.Has her mockmeet in December and the first meet in January.

We are the opposite here in Australia. Competition season is over and most of the clubs are winding down now and having their end of year events before closing for the summer break. Most clubs will close up in 3-4 weeks which coinciides with the end of the school year.

Some clubs close for the whole summer holidays (which last about 6 weeks) some close for a month and some only a few weeks.

I feel left out until I read about getting up before the sun on a Saturday...:D;)...then I dont feel so bad.

I posted a similar thread a few weeks back.... I cannot wait for my DDs to start their season. Both have their first meet on Jan 11th. Then Jan 23-25 for big DD and Jan 31 for little monkey.

My daughter's 1st meet is a month away also. She doesn't compete until The Cup in Cincinnati, OH. Anyone else going to be there?

I am right there with you!! I want to start posting DD's compulsory teammates scores! Our Mock Meet is right before Christmas, then season starts the second week in January.

I am starting to get nervous, Beam and Floor look good. Bars - just like Hunde2 said - individually the skills looks good, even that pirouette is pretty but putting them all together in a L8 routine? ahhh, we have a ways to go..

Vault is vault. Never been Beetle's strong event.

For the first time since she first started competing I totally don’t know what to expect. I know L8 is tough, and I THINK her beam and floor look good.. I THINK she can pull the L8 bars off.. but we will see...

Heck we're in competition season, and I still feel left out!

Many of the other mom's have a social get together after each meet at a local Denny's.
I don't go because it's restricted to mother/daughter/team time. I guess I can understand that. Not a whole lot of dad's involved at our gym. The last time I sat at the counter for an hour. I had so much coffee, I felt BHS would be no problem! Thankfully... it was just the coffee talking. :D

That really sucks. More dads should be involved. I know I love that my DH is into DDs sport (though it frustrates me that he is so competitive). I also love the dads that I see at our gym. They shouldn't exclude you if you are involved. That just doesn't seem fair.

It's not that big a deal, but I agree more dad's should be involved. The few that are make no secret that they there only though obligation. (i.e they were told by DW they WILL be there, and they WILL enjoy it!) Whereas, I truely enjoy watching the competitions. Not just my DD, but the whole team, and the whole process.

My wife did ask me to join them last time, but I declined. It's kind of a tradition with them so I'm not going to make waves.

Besides, with 8-10 Mom's and 10-14 girls, I'd feel about as welcome and comfortable as I would standing inside a Victoria Secret store...waiting...all the while getting that "what's HE doing here" look from the other patrons. (yes...we men DO notice when y'all give us that look, And we know what you're thinking too...) :yes:

When I'm not the lone stag in the group... then I'll join in.

Last edited:
I am both excited and nervous all at the same time. DD will be a 2nd year level 7 so why am I nervous? She feels some pressure to be the leader of her teamates all other are 1st year. Beam, Floor and Vault are fine. Bars is always another story. She is fine with all but, the dreaded giant. UGH! I think I will just pray hard and hope she can pull one out at a meet. LOL First meet is the Gopher Invite I am hoping she looks less like a deer in the headlights at this meet this year. Last season she was totally freaked out by how big the U of M gophers gym was. this year she has a team so I hope it goes well. Our compuslary teams have done well it hass been fun to watch them. Can't wait untill January. I sure hope she call put is all together.:rolleyes:

Anxiously awaiting the season to start here too, first meet is the first weekend of December. I just wish that the gym would get the girls schedule up. We are traveling from WI to MN.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back