Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Anyone else watching event finals?

Discussion in '2017 World Gymnastics Championships' started by duyetanh, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...I just saw Jade take second in vault! No idea on any other women.

GymMom4 likes this.
  2. watched earlier ;) Most of it anyway.

duyetanh likes this.
  3. Got any places in beam or floor for women?

4. yes....SPOILERS.
    . ..
    Ashton was 8th on bars. DIdn't see her set though. Missed some of bars, and hers was one I missed. I am forbidden from watching replay utnil DS his home from homecoming..

Floor is tomorrow for women.

For men:
    Floor: Yul took 3rd, Donnell I think was 6th
    Pommel: Max Whitlock won! Alex was 4th.
    Rings...cannot remember..

duyetanh likes this.
  5. duyetanh likes this.
  6. I just watched the video of Ashton's bars, I felt for her! You could tell how upset she was :(

sce and duyetanh like this.
  7. Appeared to be a combination of pain and emotion...it’s no secret she’s been battling a shoulder injury since Classic and recently injured her knee. It was pretty tough to watch though...I hope she’s okay. :(

sce and duyetanh like this.
  8. Is there anyone at worlds who is not injured or rehabbing? So many potential medal winners out of action
    Iordache (Achilles)
    Smith (ankle - McClusker also injured)
    Paseka (chronic back problems)
    Ilyankova (back - almost left at home)
    Melnikova (ankle)
    Tinkler (ankle surgery 7 weeks ago - the British Downie sisters are also rehabbing surgeries)

Probably a lot of others

sce, duyetanh and Jard.the.gymnast like this.
  9. Currently watching while making Moussaka, way to spend your sunday evening I guess :D

It's the first time I am free (or awake) to watch anything of this years worlds. I have been reading along a bit though, seems that if nothing else this competition at least hasn't been boring...

duyetanh likes this.
  10. Hurd wins silver!!

Aero, GymMom4, MAcastsalot and 6 others like this.
  11. Wow! She must be over the moon. What a worlds she had.

Jard.the.gymnast likes this.
  12. Awesome for Morgan! It went from she is going to Worlds for experience and not expecting to medal to taking home two medals. Great job!

Cassie, Mommyo2az and duyetanh like this.
  13. Wow! Jade just did a great routine, too!

Aero, duyetanh, Lisbeth and 1 other person like this.
  14. duyetanh likes this.
  15. Carey wins silver!

Aero, GymMom4, txgymfan and 5 others like this.
  16. Maybe not. The code has changed a lot since then. Scores will always be at least 0.5 lower, because of the SR missing (used to be 5, now 4) and really less CV given...

Aero, sce and duyetanh like this.

17. And there's been changes to how things are scored too so the scores aren't as high anymore, not necessarily that the girls aren't as good.

Aero, sce and duyetanh like this.
  18. Ferrari just went down. It reminded me of when Courtney Kupets went down with an achillies rupture on her last pass her junior year. So sad.

duyetanh likes this.
  19. Ouch. That looked like it hurt. So sad for Ferrari :(

duyetanh likes this.
  20. And I thought she was much cleaner than the gymnast from Japan (can't remember her name), but I think she was a little stiff. She did a beautiful routine!

duyetanh likes this.