Anyone else watching event finals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

yes....SPOILERS.
. ..
Ashton was 8th on bars. DIdn't see her set though. Missed some of bars, and hers was one I missed. I am forbidden from watching replay utnil DS his home from homecoming..

Floor is tomorrow for women.

For men:
Floor: Yul took 3rd, Donnell I think was 6th
Pommel: Max Whitlock won! Alex was 4th.
Rings...cannot remember..

I just watched the video of Ashton's bars, I felt for her! You could tell how upset she was :(
Appeared to be a combination of pain and emotion...it’s no secret she’s been battling a shoulder injury since Classic and recently injured her knee. It was pretty tough to watch though...I hope she’s okay. :(

Is there anyone at worlds who is not injured or rehabbing? So many potential medal winners out of action
Iordache (Achilles)
Smith (ankle - McClusker also injured)
Paseka (chronic back problems)
Ilyankova (back - almost left at home)
Melnikova (ankle)
Tinkler (ankle surgery 7 weeks ago - the British Downie sisters are also rehabbing surgeries)

Probably a lot of others

Currently watching while making Moussaka, way to spend your sunday evening I guess :D

It's the first time I am free (or awake) to watch anything of this years worlds. I have been reading along a bit though, seems that if nothing else this competition at least hasn't been boring...

These results from the 2008 Olymbic beam finals really shows the difference between then and now:
gold_w.gif
Gold
USA.gif
Shawn Johnson, United States 16.225
silver_b.gif
Silver
USA.gif
Nastia Liukin, United States 16.025
bronze_w.gif
Bronze
CHN.gif
Cheng Fei, China 15.950
RUS.gif
Anna Pavlova, Russia 15.900
ROU.gif
Gabriela Dragoi, Romania 15.625
CHN.gif
Li Shanshan, China 15.300
RUS.gif
Ksenia Afanasyeva, Russia 14.825
JPN.gif
Koko Tsurumi, Japan 14.450

This year's winners all scored in the 14's. There wasn't even a hint of a 16. Shows how amazing the whole field was in 2008.

These results from the 2008 Olymbic beam finals really shows the difference between then and now:
gold_w.gif
Gold
USA.gif
silver_b.gif
Silver
USA.gif
bronze_w.gif
Bronze
CHN.gif
Cheng Fei, China 15.950
RUS.gif
ROU.gif
CHN.gif
RUS.gif
JPN.gif

This year's winners all scored in the 14's. There wasn't even a hint of a 16. Shows how amazing the whole field was in 2008.
Maybe not. The code has changed a lot since then. Scores will always be at least 0.5 lower, because of the SR missing (used to be 5, now 4) and really less CV given...

gold_w.gif
Gold
USA.gif
silver_b.gif
Silver
USA.gif
bronze_w.gif
Bronze
CHN.gif
Cheng Fei, China 15.950
RUS.gif
ROU.gif
CHN.gif
RUS.gif
JPN.gif

And there's been changes to how things are scored too so the scores aren't as high anymore, not necessarily that the girls aren't as good.

Ferrari just went down. It reminded me of when Courtney Kupets went down with an achillies rupture on her last pass her junior year. So sad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back