Anyone else's DD leave for A camp today??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PureTalent

Proud Parent
My DD's plane left early this morning. Gonna miss her for the next 5 days. :( She has her conditioning test this evening. Was curious who else's DD left today & will be there with mine? :) Best of luck to all and I know they'll have fun!!!!

On a side note: I screwed up!!! :( For one.....Was I suppose to pack a towel....?? (I can't remember from last year). The gym said sheets, etc. but no mention of packing a towel was mentioned. So I'm like a bit worried about that. :( Cuz I'm doubting they supply towels for when they shower. What will she do....?? :(

Also.....She went there with some rips..one is pretty bad. She she would tape them up, etc. DD said she had tape in her grip bag. Stupid me didn't check the amount of tape. Well her coach texts me saying it's only 1/4 of a roll. She said it will only be enough for today. How can she get tape?? Again, this is worrying me and I feel awful!! :( I suggested that maybe DD talk to her cabin counselor to see if she can get some???

I'm going thru alot right now and feel bad I've been soooo forgetful with things. :(

Help!!

Feel much better. Coach got her some tape. :) I knew she would...i just started panicking!! Now, on to the possible towel issue?!?! Ugh!

just wanted to wish your DD good luck, I am sure she'll have a blast and will come back with a new skill or two;)

I am not sure if it's the same for TOPs camps, but I know that for regular camps at the ranch, the coaches get towels there, so maybe if her coach gets two, she can share one with your DD, I hope it works out somehow:)

Lol don't worry about a towel I am sure someone will get her one. Glad the coach got tape after all it's all gymnasts there I would hope there is tons of tape! Wish her the best and lots of fun with the other girls :)

My teammate also just left for TOPs camp. Don't worry about the towels - I'm sure somebody will have an extra or will let your DD borrow one. I'm sure everybody's girls will have a lot of fun and learn a bunch of new skills! I can't wait to see what my teammate comes home with.

Thanks to the 3 posters who replied! :)

Well, USAG posted 17 pics of them training, etc. with Nastia's dad and others, and my daughter is captured in 3 of them so that was so nice to see!!! :)

Thanks Bog! I looked at the website not the facebook page. Looks like they are having fun!

My DD and her teammate are there and they must be having too much fun. I sent her a text and asked if she was having fun and she only replied "yes". Haven't heard from her since but she's smiling in every picture on her coaches FB page and on the USAG site. So we just decided to leave her alone and let her have her independence...

My DD and her teammate are there and they must be having too much fun. I sent her a text and asked if she was having fun and she only replied "yes". Haven't heard from her since but she's smiling in every picture on her coaches FB page and on the USAG site. So we just decided to leave her alone and let her have her independence...
haha, i totally get what you're saying. If it makes u feel any better...that's my daughter too. Super quick texts. I was actually surprise SHE texted me today it was around lunch and it just said "Hello xoxo". I texted back asking if she's having fun and how I saw her pics at the camp, etc. No response. LOL She usually calls me each night b4 her shower. And even that is very quick...... !! I love seeing the new pics they post!!! I know they're having a ball. My DD is in cabin 6B...I wonder if they're together?? :)

haha, i totally get what you're saying. If it makes u feel any better...that's my daughter too. Super quick texts. I was actually surprise SHE texted me today it was around lunch and it just said "Hello xoxo". I texted back asking if she's having fun and how I saw her pics at the camp, etc. No response. LOL She usually calls me each night b4 her shower. And even that is very quick...... !! I love seeing the new pics they post!!! I know they're having a ball. My DD is in cabin 6B...I wonder if they're together?? :)
These girls have their own cell phones!?! Wow, I must've just crawled out from under a rock! :)

I don't know which Cabin she is in but I'm sure it has bugs like the rest of them.:)

These girls have their own cell phones!?! Wow, I must've just crawled out from under a rock! :)

My DD made it "A" Camp last year as an 8 year old and we wanted to make sure she could reach us if needed. I know what you're sayin about the cell phone thing. I told her when I was 8 all I had was a quarter in my pocket or a string with 2 cans attached to it. It actually worked out well because she became friends with girls in her cabin and they would text each other through out the season wishing each other good luck at meets.

She most certainly does! :) She never has time to use it as she's mainly at her gym (LOL), however it's used when she's away (especially in instances like this) where she is able to call and text me and/or her father if need be. she also uses it the weekends when she's with her father to call and text me on her own without using his. :D

I don't know which Cabin she is in but I'm sure it has bugs like the rest of them.:)
Eh, bugs won't kill 'em. lol She's fine with it I'm sure... I haven't heard a complaint about them last year or this year from her. LOL FYI...Their cabin assignments are on the TOPS section on the USA gymnastics site. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back