WAG Anyone ever seen a 10.0?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
My dd and I were watching old Nadia movies, and I commented on how it must be impossible to get a 10 thesedays. She told me that if you look on meetscores, some girls had received 10s in different events, and showed me where indeed across the levels, it had happened. We have never seen a '10' performance other than on youtube, lol. Anyone out there seen one? I can imagine how cool it would be to see the coach and athlete and crowd reaction!

My daughter got a 10 last season at level 3 on vault. She cried too! It was an amazing feeling for her. She was 7 then. After the meet they put her score back up and she took a picture next to her 10 so it will be a great memory for her. Needless to say she skipped 4 this season and will be 7 next season.

My dd was at a level 3 meet last year where a girl scored a 9.9 on vault and it was pretty crazy how loud it got. :)

At our state meet this year, there was a 10.0 on vault in level 3. It was a different session than we were at, but one of my dd's teammates was competing when the score was announced. Her mom said that the cheering was so loud that her dd, who was on bars at the time, was quite rattled by it.

DD had a teammate who scored a 9.8 on L7 vault, and DS has a teammate who scored a 12.1 on PH at L5 where the maximum score was a 12.2. Earlier this year, one of DS's optional teammates got a higher score on his high bar routine than his start value. We're still not sure what happened there, lol. When that sort of thing happens in optionals, it's not as momentous to the crowd because no one but the kid, his teammates, the coach, and maybe one parent know the SV.

Then there was last year at regionals where the L6 pbars judge was giving out 12.5s (max score 12.2) because he screwed up the bonus . . . The crowd reaction was more consternation than celebration.

Our gym has had two on bars, one on beam and one on vault, in compulsory. :) But more impressive was Kennedy Edney popping a couple of 10's on vault as a level 10, huge yurchenko 1 1/2 (not my gymnast but I love watching her, she is going to LSU next year).

A couple of years ago , at the IGI meet in Chicago, we saw Jillian Winstanley's Yurchenko 1 1/2 vault get a 10...it was a magnificent vault!

Our gym has had two on bars, one on beam and one on vault, in compulsory. :) But more impressive was Kennedy Edney popping a couple of 10's on vault as a level 10, huge yurchenko 1 1/2 (not my gymnast but I love watching her, she is going to LSU next year).

We saw Kennedy get one of her 10s on vault last year! It was amazing to see in person!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back