MAG Anyone have a Nationals story or brag?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

rosiekat

Proud Parent
Our JE guy made National team for his level and medalled in 3 events, and one of our JO guys medalled in one event. But they're just "guys I know," I'd love to hear if anyone here has some proud moment to share!

I was looking at the scores at some point, and thinking how disappointed the guy who came in, like 78th, would have to be. And then I realized that he would be 78th. In. The. Nation. (for his bracket, at least) I'm hoping that all the guys who are like that realize how amazing they must be at this sport to get there in the first place!

I don't know any of the optionals boys at DS's new gym yet, but quite a few went to Nationals and the one who helps out as a coach with DS's training group placed second in his division. The others all did pretty well too. Nice for DS to have so many great gymnasts to look up to!

My son didn't have a very good prelim competition - had two falls in prelims and just think nerves got to him - his AA score was a lot lower than regionals, and he had his season lowest score on one or two events. But he did qualify for event finals in two events. In both events he got his highest scores of the season, and in one event he was in 5th place (medal to 6th for events) with two kids left to go. Well, they both scored higher so he ultimately came in 7th just missing a medal, which is still amazing in one of his weaker events typically. He was happy though, he was actually glad about the two events he qualified for event finals because he wasn't nervous about them so it took the pressure off.

The most important thing was he was nervous as it was his first national competition, and now that he has been through one, he doesn't seem so nervous anymore. I think he can now look at it as just another meet.

That is fantastic karenity! D is still hoping to make his first nationals...maybe this year. I love hearing about others' experiences ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back