Parents Anyone have size Child Large Leos they dont need?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

guest301

My girl is just 5 and have normal complexion (maybe a bit taller for her age) and maybe more on a muscular side (not thin). For some reason she is outgrowing her size Child M Leos. Maybe her torso is a bit longer, i dont know. But she really needs some Large leotards now. We cannot afford $37 after tax leos from the gym, Craigslist doesnt have any. If you guys have any leos that size, my girl would love to take them off your hands. I can pay some shipping too. Thank you!
You can pm me too. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
PS we live in Missouri by the way.

Check out Gym Critter on Facebook, if you buy one from her available fabric you can get it for $15 :) they are great!

I bought a couple of leos for dd from WalMart. They have cheap(under 10) cotton leos. I even bought fabric paint and made beautiful designs on the leo. That leo lasted longer than any of the others.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Also check out Etsy! There are a couple of sellers there that make pretty nice leos using cute fabrics. I got one for DD and if I recall correctly it was less than $20.

Can I suggest that you do not pursue a competitive gymnastic path with your DD if you have to ask for a free leotard from strangers on a forum. The cost of training, accessories, competitions, uniform is far greater and just increases each year. Unfortunately this is an expensive sport, if you are not able to spend $37 on a leotard to fit your child now, the competitive track will not be a happy path for you family to take.

thank you for suggesting not to pursue competitive gymnastics path!

People have made some good suggestions for inexpensive leotards. On the CB we ask that our members do not sell leotards directly through this site. There is too much of a risk for disappointment and/or miscommunication among our members.

I also suggest you look at leotard sites for "grab bags". They offer cute but out of style/season leotards for a deep discount but you do not get to chose the one you receive.

Pineapple is right. Competitive gymnastics through a private gym is one of the most expensive sports. Even at the lowest level there is tuition, meet entry fees, admissions fees for parents, competition leo, warmups and gymbag, and as the levels increase the costs go up and up, and start including travel, meals and hotels. Our gym always did a 'flyaway' meet each year, usually to someplace warm like Florida or Arizona. For DD, DW and myself that one meet could cost $1000. I have always said that if you are planning to pay for college via a gymnastics scholarship, you would be better off to skip gymnastics and put the money in a savings account. No criticism of intended, just telling it like it is. Good luck.

while gymnastics is an expensive sport we do try to save money anywhere we can. I buy (and sell) all of my DD's leos on Ebay. Usually I can get back what I spent on them when I sell them! I also know a lot of parents who make many sacrifices in order for their child to do gymnastics. Hopefully there is a booster club that holds enough fundraising activities to help offset some of those costs. Not everybody doing competitive gymnastics is that well off!

Your own gym may have generous team mates who pass down. I know DD selects girls she gives her leos to. On the other hand this is a very expensive sport and if you are struggling with the practice leo prices then the rest is really going to be a problem. Good luck.

You also may want to see if any gyms around you have a used leo sale. DD's team holds one once a year right before school starts and leos are usually priced from $5-20.

Can I suggest that you do not pursue a competitive gymnastic path with your DD if you have to ask for a free leotard from strangers on a forum. The cost of training, accessories, competitions, uniform is far greater and just increases each year. Unfortunately this is an expensive sport, if you are not able to spend $37 on a leotard to fit your child now, the competitive track will not be a happy path for you family to take.

I am sorry, but this is a little harsh. I, too, am on a fixed income and trying to keep 2 COMPETITIVE gymnasts in leotards. I buy a lot of their leotards on eBay. I also get leotards from other girls at the gym (as they outgrow leotards, they can sell them to another team member - usually for $5-6). The sport DOES NOT have to be as expensive as people make it. Our gym is a YMCA gym... we compete USAG JO Levels and Xcel Gold and Platinum. We have gotten some of our girls from club teams because the clubs overly inflate costs. This year, our team COMPETITION leotards should be under $70 each (We are switching away from GK because they keep discontinuing our leotards so we have to pay more or change design.) We have decided on Alpha Factor or Snowflake because they both have really cute, AFFORDABLE leotards and they GUARANTEE they won't discontinue them for at least 3 years.

I don't think anyone should discourage a child from doing what they want or discourage the parent who might just be going through a rough patch.

I buy most of my daughters Leo's on eBay. I just bought one last week for under $10, shipped. I might pay full price for a new one once or twice a year but there's no way I have the money to buy 10+ Leo's at full price. I'm always shocked when I see parents on here posting about buying the newest cirque or under armor Leo's for their kids. I have gk Leo's I bought on eBay 6 years ago for my older DD that still look great and my younger DD is now wearing them. Once she grows out of them ill start ebaying them myself. Poor younger DD is getting all hand me downs.

The 2 gymmies I outfit are going on 12 and going on 9. Currently, they wear AXS-AM and CL-AXS. Older gymmie just realized her last CL is too small and passed it on to little sis. They each get a BRAND NEW practice leo 1-2x a year... and these are bought at meets or home gym for no more than $28. I prefer Snowflake Grab Bag leotards (when available) for new leotards... or in December 2011, GK had a clearance sale of Summer Camp leotards from that Summer. They were buy one / get one free... so I paid $32 for 2 brand new GK leotards. I bought them in CL and AS, so they can still be worn, but the CL will soon be outgrown and sold either to someone at the gym or on eBay.

We ask for and give free advice from strangers here on CB don't we? What's wrong with asking if anyone has unwanted Leo's? I don't think the poster is unaware of the cost of her child's gymnastics tuition. It is after all a car payment to say the least. After all that spending monthly and the cost of meet fees and travel for some family's buying extra Leo's to keep up with a growing kid can make finances tight. I perfectly understand this. At our gym I've handed down at least 10 GK Leo's to the smaller kids and I in turn received a few as well. Team parents should stick together and help each other out when they can.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back