Anyone here very familiar with the Presidential Classic in Orlando?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bajanswife

Proud Parent
I have searched the internet but cannot find prior years' schedules. The meet is Friday - Sunday, but for the purposes of booking flights etc. it would be good to know how early they usually start on Friday. i.e. do they start from morning or only from afternoon/evening? I am going on the assumption that Saturday and Sunday are full days. We won't know what session we would be placed in until much nearer the time, but we cannot wait to book travel arrangements because it's a holiday weekend.

If anyone knows or remembers what is typical, please can you let me know? Thanks!

I am actually very familiar with the Presidential Classic in Orlando. It is run by a company called USA Competitions, whom I work for. I will be the Meet Director for the boys at the Presidential Classic this year.

You are correct in that the competition runs from Friday-Sunday, with each of the days being full days. Last year, it was the biggest it has ever been, so they started at 8 AM each day. It is really impossible to tell as of now when your daughter will be competing, since they receive a lot of entries and don't make the schedule until December or January.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help as of right now. Let me know if you have any other questions about the competition.

I've never been but have heard is is a really great meet. Don't know what the schedual is but most families I know that go end up doing a family vacation.

I am actually very familiar with the Presidential Classic in Orlando. It is run by a company called USA Competitions, whom I work for. I will be the Meet Director for the boys at the Presidential Classic this year.

You are correct in that the competition runs from Friday-Sunday, with each of the days being full days. Last year, it was the biggest it has ever been, so they started at 8 AM each day. It is really impossible to tell as of now when your daughter will be competing, since they receive a lot of entries and don't make the schedule until December or January.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help as of right now. Let me know if you have any other questions about the competition.

Thanks for the information our gym is traveling from NY/NJ and we wondered the same thing. The girls (and parents) are excited and look forward to a great meet.

We look forward to having you guys there. Let me know if you have any questions as the competition draws nearer. I would also love your feedback after the competition.

Thanks Shane, it sounds as though we will need to be in Orlando by a decent time on Thursday evening to be ready in case we are the Friday 8 a.m. session! We are hoping to bring a small boys contingent as well, which is why we picked the Presidential - with such a small boys team, they have to share a coach with the girls team so it makes sense for us to look for meets with both boys and girls.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back