Parents Anyone in Las Vegas?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Brats

Proud Parent
There is a distinct possibility that we may be moving there sometime fairly soon. It's kind of thrown me for a loop, because that wasn't in the picture in KC-135 land, but my husband is getting kind of tired of never seeing his family
(we're tired of it, too :)) and considering going to UAVs. Weird, but it would be so nice to have him around more often.

Anyway, looks like there's lots of gym options down there. Wondering if anyone lives there and has recommendations first hand. It might be weird if we end up moving in the middle of meet season; I don't know how that will work. But oh, well, I guess we'll do whatever it takes.

Thanks!

Hello!

As my name says I am in LV! :D

Depending on where in the valley you want to live there are several good gym options. We are pretty new to all of this, but I have done some research and visited the local gyms.

The gym closest to Nellis is Go For It. I see alot of AF kiddos and they offer a military discount. 10 minutes down the road is VSSG, much smaller. Then there is Desert Gymncats bigger than VSSG but smaller than GFI. In Henderson there is Gymcats, they have a nice reputation and a nice, clean gym, just a far drive from Nellis. Down in the southwest, about 30 min away is Browns, which is very nice also.

I decided on GFI as it seems a good fit for DD, the coaches style works well, she is learning, likes the atmosphere, and it is a positive, safe environment.

So we are lucky, lots of nice, quality options. Good luck in your move.

Oh, thanks so much. We are definitely going, probably in April/May now. We won't be stationed at Nellis, though. We'll be at Crecch AFB and we're looking at houses in NW Vegas. It did seem like there were a lot of gyms to choose from, which will be nice but also more to think about. Do you mind if I ask how much you pay? I'm a little nervous that it's going to end up being a lot more expensive down there than it is out in the middle of nowhere and I'd like to prepare myself. I found a couple of reviews for VSSG and they both said it was really expensive.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help. It's so exciting to actually know where we will be next!

ETA: Oh, and hours. What kind of hours do the girls practice there?

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back