WAG Anyone's DD dealt with Peroneal Tendinitis?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
My DD (10 yo level 5) is having pain on the side of her leg/ankle and from reading it seems like it might be this. She fractured her right leg (not in gymnastics) and was on crutches for about 6 weeks (fractured up near her knee). She was in a leg brace during that time and for another few weeks after getting to ditch the crutches. She has been done with the brace for about 6 weeks now.

This new pain is in her LEFT leg. It started off and on about a onth ago. When it starts she wraps it and rests. She was still doing PT for the RIGHT leg when it started. The PT didn't say tendonitis; but figured she had been/still was over compensating with her left leg due to the injured right leg.

It has started hurting again today, no injury starts it, it just kind of flares up. It hurts when she is doing nothing, hurts more when she runs, hurts to touch it and hurts a lot if you press on it. The area that hurts is limited only to the tendon that runs just (like *just*) behind the outside ankle bone and up the side of the leg. It is only that part that hurts, about a 4-6 inch strip. She is no longer doing PT though her PT does come into the gym about once per week. I figure I'll have him check her this week when he is is; but that will be the end of the week. For now I figure rest and ice. Anything else that we should be doing?

my 11 yo L6 had this this season, we also have a PT as our floor choreo, so she gave her some stretches adn theraband work and we had her skip plios (I probably spelled that wrong, it is the punching up on blocks warm up on wednesdays at our gym) THat tendon is responsible for the "turning out"/point-turn out motion.

I haven't dealt with it, but I do have tendinitis in my ankle and mild tendinitis in my knee (we believe its from injuring the tendons-strained both knee and ankle multiple times). Ice, rest, compress, elevate. It could be from "babying" the other leg, therefore using her right leg more often and putting more pressure on it. Ask your PT!

I had perotenonitis of my achilles tendon,which I think is the same thing. What helped the most was eccentric exercise. It means stretching the tendon while bearing weight. You can google this to get more detail. What I did was mainly calf raises on the injured foot on top of a step so that I stretched the tendon while lowering my heel. The tenonitis went away completely by 4 weeks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back