WAG Are Reisport buckle grips longer then the Velcro?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Petap

Gymnast
I recently bought new Reisport grips and changed from Velcro to buckle. I had size 2 Velcro and ordered the same size again in buckle as I am still this size according to the size chart. However, the buckle grips new are the same length as my old stretched Velcro ones and when worn feel to large. Have Riesport changed there sizes in the recent years and has anyone else had trouble with the same size in different closures being different lengths?

My kid is teeny, but she wore a 00 in Velcro for 17 months and they are pretty stretched out. When they sized her for new Reisport buckle grips, she is still a size 00, so I assume that the buckle ones must run a bit bigger?

I could be mistaken, but I do believe each different ‘style’ of grips even within a manufacturer generally has different sizing.

Have you tried wearing them slightly farther down the wrist?
There could be a difference in sizing, but it shouldnt be so much that they are too big. Both the velcro and double buckle size 2 should fit 6.5 inches to 7 inches per their sizing charts.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
These are the size difference bearing in mind the Velcro ones are stretched. I have tried wearing the buckle ones further up my wrist, however, they always slip down.

View attachment 7352 View attachment 7349 View attachment 7350 These are the size difference bearing in mind the Velcro ones are stretched. I have tried wearing the buckle ones further up my wrist, however, they always slip down.
In the pictures, I noticed a couple things:
1. The velcro ones, notice that the wrist area has an extra "bump" to help it actually sit lower down on the wrist.
2. The buckle ones may be slightly longer, but unless you are on the low end of the size chart, then they should still be okay because there is only 1/2 an inch difference between the low end and high end and it looks to be less than a 1/2 inch difference.

Now, another question, do you wear wristbands with your grips?
If you do, you could place a piece of foam (Maybe cut a piece of a pool noodle into a small wedge shape) under the wristband just above where you want the wrist of the buckle grips to stay. It SHOULD prevent them from riding back up.
If you don't wear wristbands, you should consider it.

My DD wears Reisport double buckle and the size chart was incorrect for her too. The size 3 (recommended from size chart) fit her more like your top picture. They were too big on her, so we re-ordered the size 2. You will have to pull your grips down your arm between each turn even with wristbands.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back