WAG Are vacations really not okay??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We go on vacations for 1-2 weeks at a time. We feel that family time is important and don’t let gymnastics run our entire life.

Thanks for this post. We’re taking and extended vacation for 6 weeks that is so exciting but my dd is bummed about missing summer training. I keep having to remind myself and her that this is an amazing opportunity and she can afford to miss gym especially at L3/4. She’s highly motivated to stay in shape so hopefully it won’t impact her too much.

Thanks for this post. We’re taking and extended vacation for 6 weeks that is so exciting but my dd is bummed about missing summer training. I keep having to remind myself and her that this is an amazing opportunity and she can afford to miss gym especially at L3/4. She’s highly motivated to stay in shape so hopefully it won’t impact her too much.

Absolutely! I took my then beginning L4 to 4 1/2 week Asian trip. A week after we came back, she had her first L4 competition and she placed I think 4th or 5th out of over 50 gymnasts of all age groups. Although I am all for vacations, if your daughter were a Level 10, I would certainly advise against 6 weeks. We’ve done 3 weeks at Level 10, and average about 3 1/2 weeks every year. I can’t say if it hurt her gymnastics or not but I don’t regret having her take that time off to be with family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back