WAG Are Warm-Up Leos a Thing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We've actually seen it quite a bit this year. We did practice leos this year because of nationals and regionals and training sessions. Plus, at our gym, all the teams have "practice" leos that get worn on the last practice before a meet as a team thing.
It’s a cool shift. I doubt the team we came from will go that way anytime soon- we didn’t even have matching comp leos last year! :p

When my daughter first started gymnastics, the warmup leo was on the expense sheet. But at her level it was not required. After that year, I have never seen it listed again.

in the UK we still have warm up leotards for bigger meets/competitions, and warm up all pieces before marching on. However most competitions, at least smaller and lower level ones won't have an all-round warm up beforehand and therefore don't require a warm up leotard.

It's still a thing here, but for Level 7-10 only, and only for certain competitions.

Up to level 6, the kids have their group warm up on the floor, which lasts around 20 minutes, then the co,p starts straight away. They go to each apparatus, have a 1 touch warm up and then compete, they don't do an apparatus warm up before the march in.

But for big comps the 7-10 gymnasts do an apparatus warm up and then can change to March in, so many clubs have a warm up Leo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back