Parents Are you a

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymTwinsMom

skittish mom when it comes to watching your dd learn harder and "riskier" skills? When my dds were learning flyaways, they were so close to the bar I thought one of them was going to hit her toe. When they were on pre-team, they were learning backhandsprings and the coach (she is not there anymore) totally ignored Lexi while spotting her, and she crashed on her head. Don't get me wrong, I love when they are improving and ready to learn new skills, but some are just too hard to watch (for me at least:p:eek:) Anyone else share my pain or am I just overreacting?

I also have a hard time watching practice sometimes.I trust our coaches.They know when the kids are ready say to move from low beam to the higher beams preforming a skill.They are spotting very good too.In you case did they use a mat when they learned their bhs?

I saw dd1 take some huge falls on her beam acro. Scared me more than a little. However, now that it's dd2's turn, I don't bat an eye. And dd2 does far riskier stuff on the "big fall" apparatuses. Guess you get used to it.

I didn't used to until just recently when my dd had a nasty crash tumbling. I had nightmares for weeks afterwards. And my dd is only a level 7 now - I can't imagine what I'm going to be like watching when she starts doing some of the really big skills :eek: Can't she just play soccer like her sister, lol.

For me it depends on the event. DD hasnt been a very strong vaulter. She is learning Tsuk's right now, she is flipping them into the pit by herself. I was/am so scared she is going to hit her head on the table. (I saw someone do that once. And since she hasnt gotten a lot of block in the past I am worried that she isnt going to get it on vault). The good news is that she IS getting power and block.

On the other hand, Beam skills in general dont scare me, she is a good beam worker so BHS BWO dont scare me. Switch leaps kinda do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back