Parents Are you happy with the USAG response to Covid?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RTT2

Proud Parent
Lack of response may be a better term. Has your gym asked you to renew your USAG membership yet? Do you feel like they've done a good job in addressing the complicated issues around holding meets in the different regions around the US? Obviously, this is an evolving situation, but I've been really surprised by the lack of information moving forward into the comp season that USAG has provided- perhaps it varies region to region, but it looks like the organization has basically ignored the pandemic around here.

We are getting regular information from our state chair. We are not renewing our athletes yet as we can't put together a meet schedule yet... the athletes only need a USAG membership to compete. We are renewing our staff and making sure they are current on their certifications at this time.

Actually, yes. They put out info on ways to open safely. They put out that they were going to sanction meets. They said that states/regions should follow their local guidelines and rules for practices and meets. That is really all they can do. Each area has to follow their own health dept. rules for anything at this point.

USAG as a whole it’s hard for me to 100% say. At the end of the day it will come down to what each state will allow and how the pandemic is affecting them. Regarding our state USAG, there is a Fall compulsory season and there are no solid updates yet. Season got pushed back a few weeks (only dates no set locations for each levels separate state meets) but I’m doubtful it is happening.
No meets have been added by districts yet. We are in a hot spot. I can’t think of a gym in their right mind who would host a meet in Aug or Sept. Our gym did ask us to re-register with USAG recently.

I am a little torn on this subject. Our gym has sent us all our links to pay our membership for the upcoming season and we did. USAG has apparently communicated that they intend for there to be a season, so that's what the gym is moving forward with. I think we are too far out from the season to know what I want, but I imagine that if the majority of people/gyms don't pay membership dues, USAG would be hurting. Also not sure if that's good or bad right now! We will follow the gym's lead for now.

Yes, I think they’ve done just fine. Each gym has to do what best for themselves as each state, each city, each area is different. In-house meets need sanctions as well, so it’s not inappropriate to pay the membership. I’ve paid all my fees for a season of judging with no guarantee of getting a meet to judge (not an inexpensive thing), but I’m hoping for the best and resigned to the possibility of no meets to work.

We were asked to renew our USAG memberships the other day. I have not done so yet. So far there are no sanctioned meets on the schedule in my state. I have zero interest in funding USAG unnecessarily. I'm going to hold out a little longer. I have a feeling our state is going to move from phase 4 to phase 3 and back to 2 again in the coming months. I do not expect that there will be any competition season this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back