Parents Are your kids able to compete this season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's interesting. I just did a little quick poking around, and it does look like the NY gyms are respecting the pact to stay in state and not travel across regions so far. Very little happening right now. I wonder if more conservative states will drive what happens for regionals, if regionals even happen.
I know of a NY team that competed at an NJ meet. There was a PA team there too. Governor Murphy has said there is still no interstate youth competition, so no clue how that flew.... But you’re right, overall I have not seen many NY teams out of state. In our area, I don’t believe any have competed yet at all.

It's interesting. I just did a little quick poking around, and it does look like the NY gyms are respecting the pact to stay in state and not travel across regions so far. Very little happening right now. I wonder if more conservative states will drive what happens for regionals, if regionals even happen.

norcal state canceled and R1 regionals moved from LA to Arizona to insure that “the show must go on.”

plenty of options to qualify for regionals including scores from last year, video submissions etc

will be interesting to see nationals this year.. and yes, I have no doubt nationals in Florida will take place. Just as nastia invitational is still happening and girls are qualifying each week

norcal state canceled and R1 regionals moved from LA to Arizona to insure that “the show must go on.”

plenty of options to qualify for regionals including scores from last year, video submissions etc

will be interesting to see nationals this year.. and yes, I have no doubt nationals in Florida will take place. Just as nastia invitational is still happening and girls are qualifying each week
Arizona is no better than California in terms of Covid cases. Arizona just has more lenient state policies in terms of business shut downs, restrictions, and closures. There have been several meets in AZ already and more to come with some out of state participants. I guess time will tell if Covid gets worse and these events contribute to the problem.

In CO, our gym held in house meets (3) for our compulsory girls this fall. Level 3 and Level 4 are scheduled to have state in mid February, in person, though it is not stated yet about spectators. Level 5 has been cancelled due to lack of gyms/athletes who were interested in participating.

Our Boys have 3 meets scheduled, plus state. Our optionals and xcel teams have I think 4 meets scheduled, plus state/regionals. All that is planned but we are waiting to hear how last weeks "big" meet went... and then the additional meets outside our gym may be reconsidered. So much is a day by day/wait and see game. Our numbers in CO are finally getting under control, so I am optimistic that they will be able to attend the meets scheduled.

We had a meet recently. Very local. The level 8s didn’t go, parent decision as they are repeating and qualifying anywhere is not an issue. Girls are OK with this as well. We would all rather do a “normal“ meet, hanging together during and out to eat etc..... They are happy working skills. The lower level kids and their parents were happy to go.

Mine, will allegedly be competing a very short high school season. 2 meets, sectionals, potential state. We have Leo, warm up and practices are happenin. Whether the meets do, remains to be seen. After this last year. I count on nothing this year.....

So far, we have had 1 virtual meet, one in-person meet at a large venue within the state- the protocols that we were given prior to the meet seemed great, but were not enforced and I was really disgusted at the amount of spectators, Limited to 2 spectators per gymnast (Likely parents) that were not masked despite a state mandate. The person announcing awards was not masked and the person lining the girls up for awards was not masked- but I am not surprised. The host gym was from my childhood hometown where there are a lot of anti-masking COVID deniers (and also the highest infection rate in the state).
We have another in-person meet this coming weekend with a 1 spectator per gymnast limit. We have another in-person meet next month and then an out of state meet the following.

Mine, will allegedly be competing a very short high school season. 2 meets, sectionals, potential state. We have Leo, warm up and practices are happenin. Whether the meets do, remains to be seen. After this last year. I count on nothing this year.....

update at a zoom parents meeting tonight. 2 meets and sectionals. No state meet for any high school sport this year.

All high school meets, no spectator. Will be live streamed

update at a zoom parents meeting tonight. 2 meets and sectionals. No state meet for any high school sport this year.

All high school meets, no spectator. Will be live streamed
And season is off. 2 positive cases reported today. Local government tightened the guidelines to quarantine based on no data or science at all. In fact data and science suggests loosening the quarantine guideline. This means 13 teachers have to quarantine. Our district does not have the subs to cover. So we go back to remote. There will be no season.

My kids hybrid group has been in the building 18 days this year. The other hybrid group 15 or 16 days.

And season is off. 2 positive cases reported today. Local government tightened the guidelines to quarantine based on no data or science at all. In fact data and science suggests loosening the quarantine guideline. This means 13 teachers have to quarantine. Our district does not have the subs to cover. So we go back to remote. There will be no season.

My kids hybrid group has been in the building 18 days this year. The other hybrid group 15 or 16 days.
I’ll post on the other side after this. Gymnastics still ok as only the HS is remote. If the whole district goes remote then we’re done. So I’m praying and crossing fingers, we make it 3 weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back