Aren't little gymnasts adorable!?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The level 4's at my gym had their practice meet on Friday, and I was cheering for them while sitting on this trapezoid-looking thing, and I toppled over, and one of the gymnasts laughed at me, and after the event I went over to her and I said, "*Her name here*, Do you still like me even though I fell?!", trying to be playful. She looks at me, says "No.", blinks and walks away. Then all the other Level 4's raised their hands and they were like, "We love you, Meredith!!" And again, during the mock meet, the coahc would say "Warning" and they would look at her. :p

And I had to do some floor routines, and all the Level 4's were watching, and when I did my dance-y parts, they were doing it with me!

They are soooooooooo cute!

Aww! I love the tinies soo much! They actually cheer me up so much.

One time I had such a bad night and I was just raging, so my coach was like, go sit over there until you're in a fit mood to at least be gracious in defeat" and they all came round me and asked me why I was sad and said cheer up Anna, you're such a good gymnast! I was like AWWWW!

Aww! I love the tinies soo much! They actually cheer me up so much.

One time I had such a bad night and I was just raging, so my coach was like, go sit over there until you're in a fit mood to at least be gracious in defeat" and they all came round me and asked me why I was sad and said cheer up Anna, you're such a good gymnast! I was like AWWWW!

That is way too cute.

Oh I love the little ones!

I was teaching one group of advanced rec girls(about 6-8 years old), we were on vault, and one of the national girls was doing vault beside us. We were working on stuff like 'squat on', 'straddle on' etc. and then Comp gymnast comes does 1/2 on, double back tucked off, almost sticks the landing. (She had been struggling for a while with it). as she comes around the side, my entire class bursts into applause, and cheers of "WOW! You're AWESOME!" made her day.

Oh I love the little ones!

I was teaching one group of advanced rec girls(about 6-8 years old), we were on vault, and one of the national girls was doing vault beside us. We were working on stuff like 'squat on', 'straddle on' etc. and then Comp gymnast comes does 1/2 on, double back tucked off, almost sticks the landing. (She had been struggling for a while with it). as she comes around the side, my entire class bursts into applause, and cheers of "WOW! You're AWESOME!" made her day.

How adorable. :)

They are so cute. The 4-6 year olds are adorable, and then the 7-8 year olds can be pretty snotty, and then the 9-10 year olds are like in total awe of you. They're all cheering me on to success to rebound from my injury. :) On Friday, I had gotten my cast off and was going to the gym to tell my coach that he could expect me on Monday. I didn't know that one of the 6 year olds insisted they throw a party over my recovery. All the little girls were holding up signs. They were so cute. :)

awww those stories are all so sweet!
i coach ages 3-8 and some of the kids in my first class (3-4) are so adorable!! I can't even explain how adorable the one girl is! :)

and it's so sweet when they look up to you when you're doing gym!

If I coached full-time, I really think I would want to work with the compulsories. I just love that age group. My personal favorite quote came from a L5, who asked me if I knew who her favorite gymnast was. It was somewhere around 2003 or 2004, so I guessed Tasha Schwikert. She said, "No! It's you!" :tearsofjoy: How cute.

The other day we had a trampette infront of a vault (the old style vault not a table vault) and as a warm up all i did was a straight jump over the vault and the little rec girls (aged between 4-7) were like girls! did you just see that! she jumped over that!! and then we moved onto front somersaults over it and they said 'wow, you squad girls are soo amazing!' i was like aww thanks!

The other day we had a trampette infront of a vault (the old style vault not a table vault) and as a warm up all i did was a straight jump over the vault and the little rec girls (aged between 4-7) were like girls! did you just see that! she jumped over that!! and then we moved onto front somersaults over it and they said 'wow, you squad girls are soo amazing!' i was like aww thanks!

that's happen to me the last day too but in beam :D
They always do thing like that when we do something good. I love them, They're so adorable.

I know, I have some tinies in my group, and the will come over to me and be like" Bri, can you watch my routine?!" One time i was runnig on vault and one of the tinies came over to me and out of the blue said" You know, I like you. You are nice." That made my DAY ya'll!!!!! They are ssssssssoooooooo cute!!!

Just wanted to say as a mom to one of those tiny L4s, that my DD loves the big girls and when they pay attention to her, talk to her, give her feedback, etc. She knows ALL of their names and always tells me anytime one of them has talked to her.

You guys really are role models to them. And I as a parent always try to thank the big girls I see when I know they have done something to really make her day. I as a parent, happen to think you big girls are pretty cute too when you are making some little gymmies day. :D

Keep inspiring the little ones!

There was a montage on youtube ages ago which started with being a little girl watching the big girls and then ended up with being an older gymnast struggling with hard moves and suddenly realising all the little girls were watching her. It was tearjerking - I wish I could remember it.

They are so cute. The 4-6 year olds are adorable, and then the 7-8 year olds can be pretty snotty, and then the 9-10 year olds are like in total awe of you. They're all cheering me on to success to rebound from my injury. :) On Friday, I had gotten my cast off and was going to the gym to tell my coach that he could expect me on Monday. I didn't know that one of the 6 year olds insisted they throw a party over my recovery. All the little girls were holding up signs. They were so cute. :)

sometimes the little ones can be pretty snotty also
when my brother was 4 to 6 he was a complete little
crybaby brat! :rolleyes:

he still is though and now hes 7 :D

story= realy cute!!! :)

I-Heart-Beam, I know I told you this a while ago...but I LOVE :heartbeat: your "Remember Me" montage!!!! I sent it around to all the parents of our gym a while ago, it got rave reviews!!! It really expresses the feelings & emotions that gymnast go through in such a heart felt way! You have a real gift!

My niece is a new little gymmie. She is practicing her splits so she can get in the "banana split club" and can't wait to show me her handstands against the wall. So far I haven't seen her practice (she's in MI) but I will at Christmas. I can't wait!

:D

Just wanted to say as a mom to one of those tiny L4s, that my DD loves the big girls and when they pay attention to her, talk to her, give her feedback, etc. She knows ALL of their names and always tells me anytime one of them has talked to her.

You guys really are role models to them. And I as a parent always try to thank the big girls I see when I know they have done something to really make her day. I as a parent, happen to think you big girls are pretty cute too when you are making some little gymmies day. :D

Keep inspiring the little ones!
It's no problem, because the little gymmies help us to work harder. :) Thanks for the sweet comment!

I occasionally eat at a local Chili's, which is in a strip mall next to a place called The Little Gym. Sometimes I'll walk by, and there will be a bunch of toddlers doing somersaults or playing on the mats, and I melt inside.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back