DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Seems to be a ton of falls at Visa's. What does everyone think is going on?

So much pressure, they are kids and everything builds up to this. Remember the Olympic selections, just the same. These girls want to get to worlds, and they want the O's. All those years of work and the pressure is ON!

I feel like with elite gymnastics now every tenth counts and one non pointed toe is the difference between Olympics or not for the girls and they have so much pressure to be perfect that they forget the basics and focusing on what makes gymnastics awesome! The crazy skills that they land with a smile and make look effortless! Instead they're falling and upset. They just need to remind themselves to stay on that beam or whatever it is and putting so much pressure on themselves! And instead of focusing on winning they should focus on performing and wowing the crowd.

I think that as the level of difficulty continues to increase, we're going to see fewer and fewer hit routines. With that said, it looks as though some of these girls may peak at the right time for worlds instead of for national championships. Also, with Olympics being a year away and being the ultimate goal for many, this is a great year to gain valuable experience competing some new routines with increased difficulty. I'm sure a spot on the world or Olympic team is more important to many than this years national championships.

I think there's just so much pressure on these young kids and it's getting to them. :( They're doing some amazing skills though! We can't wait to watch tonight. I'm really hoping Shawn can make a true comeback and go to worlds and the O's. I love her! Well I love them all actually. :)

My daughter thinks that Tim Dagget's talking is jinxing the competitors & that he should just stop ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back