Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Arms up for set-back tumbling

Discussion in 'Other Gymnastics' started by cucciologymnast, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or drills for me. No matter how hard I try, I can’t keep my arms up during the set for a back tuck or anything else. On a trampoline or the tumbl trak I can do it well, but when I go to the floor, I just can’t. I am a pretty powerful gymnast, so I always get around, but this form problem is holding me back from back layouts and any other later progressions. Thanks in advance :)

2. Our gym does round off set up to a tall "whale" mat landing in candle stick with arms by ears. I would say keep working on different ways to do the skill in which your arms are by your ears and it should become a habit.

3. What's your coach saying?

sun and raenndrops like this.
  4. It might help to think about getting your arms up and then bringing your body up to meet up your arms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice