WAG Article: Simone has changed gymnastics forever

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My favorite quote from that article:

She’s a far cry from the frightened, docile, near-silent ghost of gymnasts past—the girls who, no matter what happened or who did what to them, were expected to look blankly into the camera and chirp, I just want to go out there and hit all my routines. Revolutionizing the Code of Points may have changed the way gymnasts train and compete, but in being her unapologetic self, Simone Biles has also blazed the trail for a new generation of gymnasts to speak up for themselves without fear.

My favorite quote from that article:
That is a great quote, and I can remember so many of those "I just want to go out there and hit all of my routines", statements in the past. From girls who were no doubt coached to be sweet, and pleasing, and compliant.

That is a great quote, and I can remember so many of those "I just want to go out there and hit all of my routines", statements in the past. From girls who were no doubt coached to be sweet, and pleasing, and compliant.
My kid and I watched it, and we loved the first thing she said to another girl when she was done with her floor routine the second day. “Was I out?”
LOVED it. The never being satisfied is beyond awesome.
(Btw I don’t think she went out, lol)

My kid and I watched it, and we loved the first thing she said to another girl when she was done with her floor routine the second day. “Was I out?”
LOVED it. The never being satisfied is beyond awesome.
(Btw I don’t think she went out, lol)

We caught that too! Of course that would be her first concern! lol! I'm so happy we're getting to see the REAL gymnasts, and not some painted over version.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back