Artistic coupled with T&T? advise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Cindi

Proud Parent
I have posted on women's artistic, but would love any info you can share. My DD'd lv 4 class getting cut to 6 hrs a week. There are no other other gymnastic near to transfer to. But there is a USAG tumble and trampoline place. Does anybody have any experience with T&T and artistic all around? Will it help at all in all around? My DD's weak spot is floor. She is pretty strong on bars, beam, vault. so could it work? I just don't want to have anyplace teach her habits that will cause many hours of retraining.

Two of my DS teammates (girls) did combine the two for a few years both on pretty high level (recently they quit Artistic because they couldn't combine the hours anymore ) It can work out and improve floor and vault (both of these girls got really strong performers in those two events) but make sure the two gyms are on the same path and level.

Ask your artistic coach? If Artistic is her main sport, they should be in the lead. If he/ she knows the T&T gym and if he/ she thinks this could help her making up for the deleted hours and maybe even improve her floor skills.
I live in the netherlands and we have very good T&T gyms but also really crappy ones. So make sure you have a good one and artistic coaches agree with it.

Ask your artistic coach? If Artistic is her main sport, they should be in the lead. If he/ she knows the T&T gym and if he/ she thinks this could help her making up for the deleted hours and maybe even improve her floor skills.
I live in the netherlands and we have very good T&T gyms but also really crappy ones. So make sure you have a good one and artistic coaches agree with it.
Thank you. Good advise. Yes i agree her coaches should be in the lead.

My YDD did both T&T and Xcel (artistic) last year. She was also strong on bars. Her vault (L3 ) improved a ton, in fact she was State Champ. Her tumbling for floor also improved. This year she chose T&T and track instead of artistic. She competed both disciplines for the same gym so it was a bit different. She did 5 hours T&T and 6 of XB per week.

Do they need to be the same level?

With level I meant not to go to a T&T gym which only trains rec or just lower competitionlevels T&T, if you are training higher level artistic. They will probably not put so much attention to form.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back