Artistic vs. rhythmic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Heyy im just wondering what would be better for me artistic gymnatics or rhythmic gymnastics?? im 16 5'1 i now how to do the splits really good and i do the over splits too on 5inc matt

(BB) - balance beam
(FX) - floor exercise
(UB) - uneven bars
(V) - vault

(BB) 3/4 handstand, cartwheel, side handstand twist off dismount, 120* split leap, tuck jump, split jump, 1/2 turn, double pivot turn

(FX) round-off back-handspring, handstand forward roll, handstand to bridge kickover, 120* split leap
dive roll, front handspring, 180* split leap, straddle jump

(V) front handspring vault(on vault table)

(UB) front hip circle, squat up, jump to high bar, back hip circle, 1/2 turn dismount

Why would you need to choose between AG and RG though? You could just stick with AG, since you have already picked up quite some skills. I'm assuming you've never done RG, as there's no mention about RG skills.

For RG you'd also have to consider how flexible you back is. I understand your split is very flexible but from what i've seen you def. need flexible back as well!
Other than that I have no idea since I don't know much about RG.

Recommendation to stay with Artistic Gymnastics

I started Rhythmic Gymnastics when I was 11 years old and even at that age it was difficult to obtain the necessary flexibility that Rhythmic Gymnastics requires (it becomes harder and harder as you get older to gain flexibility, especially in your back). I also believe that your height, 5'1", is perfect for Artistic Gymnastics rather than Rhythmic Gymnastics. I agree with the others, stick to what you already know how to do and continue to advance within the same sport as you already have a head start in it. Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back