WAG Artistry Sessions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

claudidoll

Proud Parent
Any idea if these are worth it for younger lower level compulsory kids?
Would a 7 year old really get anything out of 90 min

I am not sure, but I do know that at the Judges Critique Clinic last year, they said that they are looking at Artistry and Dynamics in all levels (at least L3+ and Xcel)... and if your 7 year old were to retain what was learned, it could definitely help down the road, even if it doesn't have any immediate effects.

I think it depends on the kid. At 7 all it would of done for my girl is annoy her.

She would of retained nothing because she would of been ticked she had to do it. She just didn't get how important it was back then. Now at nine, with more meets under her belt. More confidence in herself and what she is capable of. Seeing how the whole routine comes together. Seeing how it is more then just skills and tricks. She gets it now.

So 2 years later it would be great for her, at 7 a waste of time and money. But that is my kid, your mileage may vary.

What is the saying,

When the student is ready the teacher will come.

Not sure what an artistry session is. DD has had a regular dance rotation since she was on preteam. A lot depends on how it is run. Certainly dance can be taught to young children in engaging ways.

Is your question about a routine practice in your gym as part of your DD's training or about an optional add on that you are considering? If the former, I don't see any harm as long as it's well run. If the latter, I probably wouldn't invest the extra time and money yet. Ideally it would be incorporated into the program and not have to be added on.

It's a one off session out gym has a visiting choreographer

This is from their website

With unique movement exercises, gymnasts unleash their inner artist. Precision has created Artistry Training in order to help athletes discover how to connect breath to movement, emote, and elevate their overall level of artistry

It would be a one time 90 min session .

We have separate dance training with our in house choreographer

I would think doing a one off is unlikely to be all that useful, especially for a 7 year old. I bet the company make a lot of money though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back