Aussie Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

auswi

Proud Parent
Hi everyone☺
Just wondering who's competing at Aussie Classic?
Dds excited & a bit nervous - so when I asked her if she was looking forward to it she said " of course Mum -its gymnastics" :)

Best of luck to your DD :)

This is the same weekend as my DDs NL3 States, so lots of Gymnastics all round!

Enjoy :D

Oh no:( re the foot!

Sending healing fairies your way. So disappointing if shes injured-hopefully just bruised. Theres still a couple of weeks to go yet so hopefully she'll be fit:)

So -update time☺

Dd was amazing! So proud of her -she made her goal of acheiving better scores on the 2nd day of competition.

She had alot of positive comments and even made the podium.

Great to see some NZers there & VERY competitive☺

Alie21 -how'd states go for your Dd?☺

Last edited by a moderator:
And an update from us too.

My daughter was thrilled with her performance (as were we). She improved most scores on the second day. It was a joy to see her compete so beautifully. After the road she's been down to get where she is, there were many times we never thought we would see her compete at this level. It was so wonderful that she was able to.

We were proud of all her team-mates as well. They've all worked so hard to get where they are. Thanks to her coaches for preparing her so well for competition.

We also enjoyed watching the other divisions of competition. We saw Auswi's daughter compete on one of the days, and it was great to have another person to cheer for. She did very well.

Wasn't sure if you'd want me to mention how your Dd went Leotardmakersmum ☺ but we especially watched her sessions & she did a great job!

It was really fun connecting with a little part of the CB family & a joy to be able to cheer another gymy on!

Now both girls are 'relaxing 'at AIS camp.
Heard from mine last night -apparently the food has taken another step even closer to heaven with an Indian dish the first night & a Thai dish last night! LOL

When pressed about 3 positives about the gymnastics at camp she reeled off some 3 way flippy sequence on the high beam which I'm so pleased I haven't seen yet as she competed with a fading but still obvious bruise on her upper leg...sigh...the life of a gymnast LOL

Well done to all the Aussie Classic girls - sounds like a fab competition :D

My DD did well at her L3 States on Sunday - got a Gold for her AA, as did all her session team mates so they were all very happy. Session ran over by about an hour tho and we were only the second one! Goodness knows how late they were running by the end? Had a lovely team lunch at the RSL afterwards. I think the girls are most happy with not to having to do that floor routine again :p She tells me it was straight on with L4 at practise yesterday.

and it was great to have another person to cheer for.

One of my DDs friends from another gym was in the same session and it was great to cheer for more than just our gym.

Here's to a great 2016 all round :D

Ah, the flippy sequence on the high beam... That's the video I've just sent you, @auswi . When I saw her doing it, she didn't obtain any new bruises. And it was on a wide beam, so a little easier to stay on? :)

As for bruises, my daughter had lovely matching ones - very dark - just above both knees right before the comp. Fortunately they faded in time.

And the food at camp - as she has food issues, they gave her a lot of plain food, which seemed to be meat, carb, and veg. For her meat it sounded like she got a lot of steak. Steak for breakfast even! She told us she doesn't want any more steak for a while. Ok! :)

She got the enormous bruise when practising connecting the backflip back flip as fast as she could.

Yes -thats the new 3 way sequence -sadly don't have a fat beam at our gym! But seems like the girls got some new skills and had fun.

Not dure how long until the thigh bruise will fade -its been a cracker! One of the other parents counted 3 other similar placed bruises on other gymies at the comp! So I think its a common place to catch if tipping off the beam-our gymnasts are so brave!

Well done to all the Aussie Classic girls - sounds like a fab competition :D

My DD did well at her L3 States on Sunday - got a Gold for her AA, as did all her session team mates so they were all very happy. Session ran over by about an hour tho and we were only the second one! Goodness knows how late they were running by the end? Had a lovely team lunch at the RSL afterwards. I think the girls are most happy with not to having to do that floor routine again :p She tells me it was straight on with L4 at practise yesterday.

One of my DDs friends from another gym was in the same session and it was great to cheer for more than just our gym.

Here's to a great 2016 all round :D

Great to hear that you had a fantastic comp! Well done☺

The girls will be pleased to be uptraining!!

Ah, the flippy sequence on the high beam...

What is a "three way flippy sequence" Auswi and Leotardmaker? Is that like a flick flick something - tuck, layout etc?

My gymnast was working with a couple of friends on triple fronts off the tramp last night and one of them put her knee into her nose and has broken it. Seems to have been pretty traumatic all around... Not an easy sport by any means.

Glad to hear your girls had a good time at the camp though!

I haven't any idea what it was, @Ausi_poppet, but it had three things one after the other on the beam! Even though I don't know what it was, it was still very impressive. :)

A broken nose! Oh no! I hope it heals quickly with a minimum of fuss! :-(

Hi ☺The 3 way flippy thing is a flip LO step out LO step out-had to check with Dd to make sure I got that right LOL

Shes also been doing a few other sequences as well.

Oh no re the broken nose...Dd did that as a little girl on her first ever front tuck -took her ever so long to tuck tightly again!

Amazing your girls are training triples woowoo!! Go girls!!

Well done to all your girls!!! What level where they?? We stayed to watch the IL7 & the IL8's.
The IL7's were amazingly talented!!!!!!

Hi ruby&jack☺
The IL7s competed in 2 sessions Tues & Thurs which leotardmakersmum 's Dd competed in; the IL 8 & 9's competed together on Wed & Fri -my Dd competed IL 9☺.

All the kids did a great job! But found it hard to completely compare gymnasts as some clubs use this comp to have a flutter in the next level up from Aussie Champs and other clubs compete the same level they've competed all year.

Did your Dd compete Ruby & Jack?

Well done to all the girls for all the flippy things :D Must be really hard watching your DDs do those tricks! Well done to you guys too :)

The girls will be pleased to be uptraining!!

Thankfully they are uptraining all the time, NL3 would have been very dull for some of the team if they weren't! They were all in the right level this year tho, that jump to high bar for NL4 knocked them all out at the start of the year! 9 months lather all but one of them can do it really nicely so they should have a great NL4 next year.

Coach started heavily spotting them on a tucked flyaway on bars this week. My DD was really excited to try this - which is great cos she really struggles with anything backwards :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back