Awkward in Homecoming Dresses

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello fellow gymnasts!
I seem to be in a sort of dilemma. Homecoming for me is coming up, and I'm having issues find sing dresses that flatter my gymnast arms. (which are muscly) I tried finding a dress with sleeves but those types are scarce. I have a relatively small waist (thanks to my moms genes) but a, shall we say, full chest, so nothing fits right, it has issues getting over my chest but is baggy in the midsection area. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

My dd went through this with her prom dress. We found a dress that fit her chest well and took it to the local seamstress to alter to fit her tiny waist. It fit beautifully and dd was very happy.

I understand how hard it is to find a dress.

My dd went through this with her prom dress. We found a dress that fit her chest well and took it to the local seamstress to alter to fit her tiny waist. It fit beautifully and dd was very happy.

I understand how hard it is to find a dress.
It's a much more difficult task than for my friends, who have the tiny everything. However, without my muscular arms, I would probably face plant at the gym. So I guess there's pros and cons to this.

Yep, sleeveless. Avoid strapless or spaghetti straps and definitely avoid cap sleeves. Depending on your style preferences, a skirt with an overlay or detailing which draws the eye can also help balance out your muscles.

Yep, sleeveless. Avoid strapless or spaghetti straps and definitely avoid cap sleeves. Depending on your style preferences, a skirt with an overlay or detailing which draws the eye can also help balance out your muscles.
Sleeveless? Like as in strapless? yeah, I've usually done that. I just don't like the way my arms/shoulders stand out. I'll definitely try to look for those!

Excellent. Hope you find something you love.

With a bigger chest avoid big prints or frills in that area. Fitted is better than skin tight stretchy fabric.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back