Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Awesome Freehip Video

Another great drill on this video. Perfect to get those level 6's their freehips.

Last edited:
I saw this a few days ago, and I think it's a GREAT idea - both in terms of the drill (trying to shoot your feet higher everytime) and also providing a station where it is coachless. It is a self-regulating system: it gives the gymnasts automatic feedback every time.

The set up is simple, although in a gym with only one full set of unevens, I would be reluctant to use it during normal coaching sessions. But for holidays or development days, it would be a great drill.

Otherwise, we develop freehips mainly from strap bar.

They used this tech in my dd's old gym. They did it with the mat against the wall and a single adjustable bar. (They only had one set of uneven bars).

That's brilliant! Absolutely brilliant.

I'm gonna send this to all the other coaches at my gym.

What would you all think of adapting this for use on stalders as well? Do you think that would work, or would the gymnast be getting into the stalder position too late in the swing?

That's brilliant! Absolutely brilliant.

I'm gonna send this to all the other coaches at my gym.

What would you all think of adapting this for use on stalders as well? Do you think that would work, or would the gymnast be getting into the stalder position too late in the swing?

I think it would work great. We tried toe-on, toe-off's and it worked.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back