Parents Baby Bog Comp hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Baby Bog had the day off school. She has her last comp at 7am tomorrow morning. We are going to stay in a hotel after gym tonight as it is 90 mins drive from our house to the comp.

I just spent an hour doing the "diamond pattern' hair on her. So I thought I'd post a pic as we haven't had any of this style on here before. Her actual pony tail will be nicer, I just pulled it up for now and gym later. There will also be sparkles too, of course, what self respecting 8 yr old would be seen at a meet without the sparkle!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks so cool!!! They call that the Spider Web here. I'd love to do that to my DD's hair but she won't sit still long enough. Do you do anything special with the ponytail?

That looks great!

We call that the spider web too. I used to do it for older DD, but she now just likes a plain ponytail. Younger DD has bangs so can't do the web.

I do a version of this every competition. I takes me 45min-2 hours depending on how fancy it is.

I used to do this to my daughters hair when she was level 5. Now at Level 10, we do one row across the front to keep it out of her face and a pony...No fun anymore.

Yes, my oldest DD will have nothing but a high ponytail, when she was younger we did lots of fun things.

As for what I'll do with the ponytail for Baby Bog, not sure, we'll see how perky I am at 6am tomorrow. One thing for sure she will have the fanciest hair in her session. No one makes a big effort with hair here, and the 7am start time really doesn't help with that.

Very nice! We call it the Spider Web too. We have a couple of moms that usually do hair for some of the gymnasts. My DD prefers a traditional ballet style bun which is a good thing because it's about the only hair style I can do well. LOL :D

How cute! Thanks for sharing the picture...I am sure come next meet season I will want to try this one out!

Good luck to baby bog! I hate the first session of the day. We had an early session for states and while it was nice being done early and having the whole rest of the day, we were so tired we couldn't do anything the whole rest of the day!

Yes first session sucks. This is also her first year of real comps too, each meet this year has been first session and she has also been first up both times, no pressure, eh?

As for getting her to sit still, a movie really helps with a bowl of popcorn added. It does hurt a bit though:eek:.

I hate first session! We have the 1st next Sunday, 45 min drive... UGH. What's even worst, is at some meets, I have one DD in the 1st session and the other in the last!

7am!! yuck!!!
hair is really cute tho! how do you keep it from getting messed up when she is sleeping tho!! if it were my kids it would be all over the place!!!

Good luck to her today. The hair looks great. I've actually tried that - but must admit, hair is not my strong point. Luckily there is a mom in our gym who is awesome and has done dd's hair just about every meet this past season :)

Bog -

looks great. That is how I do dd's hair for meets also. I think you are better at it than I am !!! It does take a lot of time and a lot of gel. It has become easier since dd cut her hair to shoulder length - it was down to the middle of her behind (doing that was a nightmare - LOL) She is 7 and also MUST have the sparkles.

Best of luck at the meet.

wow. i wish i could do hair. not that my DD would sit still for it anyway. she HATES me to even brush her hair. she has a very tender head and cries anytime i brush or style her hair.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back