For Parents Back from Camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristilyn73

Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Morning!

I picked Beetle up from Camp last night. She is one Happy Happy Camper! Which makes me one happy mom!

This is the first year that I finally feel like I got some good gymnastics out of gymnastics camp! She goes to Lake Owen so camp is always worth the money since she gets to do tubing, swimming and regular camp stuff. We were both pretty apprehensive about camp this year. Since last year, she felt slighted thinkiing she was put in the wrong training group. Then she got injured about day 3.

This year she got a Fantastic Coach (he is head coach of a great gym about 2 hours away) DH and I tease her that we now need to sell our house and move.

She also came out of camp with new skills. She is working Yurchenko Vaults. Has a SOLID Double Back Off Bars (on to competition mats). She even was able to get a Double LAY OUT off bars into the pit. On beam she connected Gainer BHS BHS on lowbeam. And Got a Double Back on Floor (into the pit!)

She said she wanted to go to extra practice almost every day! WOW.. where did this kid come from?

I am glad she is excited, lets just hope that it continues in our gym.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

canadiangymmom

Jun 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
WOW! It sounds like she had an amazing camp experience! Way to go on the new skills, and even more importantly, the renewed passion for her sport!!

What's a gainer bhs bhs? DD is asleep, so no one to ask, lol!

Last edited:

v1hebrews11

Mar 16, 2009
WOW! She sure has been working hard! I thought kids go to summer camp to relax? ;) lol! I bet getting all those amazing new skills was absolutely invigorating for her! Way to go!!!

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Greta news, it is amazing what a difference a great coach can make. Those are some great skills.

kristilyn73

Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
What's a gainer bhs bhs? DD is asleep, so no one to ask, lol!
When she does her bhs She starts with one leg behind the other then swings it through then swings the second leg.. it almost looks like she is in a step out first. Then she does a second 'normal' BHS. I will try to get a video and post it.

v1hebrews11

Mar 16, 2009
When she does her bhs She starts with one leg behind the other then swings it through then swings the second leg.. it almost looks like she is in a step out first. Then she does a second 'normal' BHS. I will try to get a video and post it.
I would love to see that!

C

cathiann

That's wonderful! Glad she had such a great time and got such awesome skills.

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Sep 25, 2007
Country
USA
That is awesome news!! So glad she had such a productive week at camp. What big skills she was doing, wow!!! Hope the enthusiasm continues along with her!!!

gym law mom

Proud Parent
Dec 23, 2006
Country
USA
Glad to hear Beetle had such a great week. Those skills are really L9, so maybe this will help her make up her mind between a 2nd yr as L8 and moving on. What a way to wrap up the summer!

My gymmie came home with many of the same skills and just loved the coaches---Jeff and Jon were 2 of her favorites.

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
Jun 21, 2007
Country
USA
Great news for Beetle! Sounds like she had a great time and picked up some really fun new skills...

Definitely could be used for 9!

Mom2Gymgirls

Proud Parent
Jul 25, 2008
Midwest
Your dd got some hard skills. That's so cool.

My dd was there the same week as yours. Maybe they saw each other. She had a wonderful time and wants to go back next year again. She loved all of the other camp activities, andI hear she rode the banana boat a lot! As far as gymnastics goes, she made some progess with skills but still no kip. She did however get her BWO on the high beam by herself and she was very proud about that. She also got the back tucks in her rO, BH, BT higher and worked on layouts too. I hope to be able to go with her next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!