Back from Florida... Meet report! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So this is my first level 9 meet (other than the mock meet) as i was out due to a sprained back from the last one. Because my back still isn't 100 percent, i' haven't done much or lots of things... Anyways, back to the story...
Vault- yurchenko tuck (watered down, only practiced... 3 times) Stood them both up,
8.8 3rd place

Bars- Well, kip squat on, handstand not over the bar :( giant switch hand,,,, go over the bar. Switch hand back, giant, make the half into my bail (which goes flying over the lowbar) grab the lowbar, swing through the bottom with bent legs, kip, squat on fall backwards, toe circle to horizontal, jump into space, somehow catch the high bar, kip, cast to... anyways, giant, giant, double back, fall forewards. Greaaaat routine. :rolleyes:
7.95 (not a bad score at all!) 2nd place

Beam. Hand hand, straddle straddle 1/4, switch leap back tuck, front full dismount(learned just the other day) Two big wobbles but stuck.
8.75 1st place

Floor. Took out all my backhandsprings and put in a new double salto pass because of my back. Round off 1.5. Front pike front pike. switch side popa wolf full, roundoff full. 1.5 turn.
8.5. 2nd place

All Around- Exactly my goal lol.
34.0. 2nd place.

Overall, pretty good first meet if i do say so myself. Especially for... minimal practice of these skills.

Congrats! Sounds like found some great solutions to help your back! Speedy recovery!

Great job and wonderful placements. Great that you are working around your back problem.

I loved reading your meet report, it made me hold my breath!!

Sounds like you did a great job!!! Are you still going to try to go 10, or just wait until next season? Either way, I'm sure you will do great!

Nice job for the first meet! And, hey--you qualified for State! WTG!

Well the coaches and i kinda decided that i would do level 9 this year, but still work my level 10 skills and put them in when they are ready to compete, but i should have a pretty good level 9 year, and then hopefully a pretty good level 10 year next year, the important year... Also, 2 of our top level 9's broke their ankles, and another top level 9 has a bone thats too long in her wrist or something, and she might have to have surgery mid season... And our level 10 "team" is dropping like flies, we've got a sprained ankle, a hurt elbow, another hurt elbow, some more ankle problems, and yeah. But i'm just hoping for my back to finish fixing itself and then to stay healthy! I can't afford any more injuries at this point, i just don't have the time!

We were at the same meet, it was fun wasnt it? Did you LOVE your medals?

I am glad you are able to still keep competing while working with your back problem.

Kudos to you hitting your AA goal!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back