Parents Back from the meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnasticsMom

DD1's meet went very well! She had vault first, warming up she over rotated and did a dive roll. I was very nervous because vault has never been her strongest. First vault she stuck! Second vault she put her hands down and did a tiny forward roll. She did get a 9.325. Next up.. the terrifying bars. By the look of her face, I could tell there might be tears. Warm up she totally crashed on her giants. Coach said she will risk them anyway and... she made them! It was too funny, whens she landed her layout I could see her face in total shock. She scored a 9.4 and all of her teammates were giving her high fives and hugs. Beam, she did great! Scored a 9.1. Now floor is her best event and she did her full. Scored a 9.5! She got first on floor, third on beam, second on bars, and fourth on vault! She was so excited! :D:D:D

Thanks for the fairy, I don't think we need her anymore. Anyone need her?

What a fabulous job she did, what a fierce competitor she is, she should be so proud of those awesome scores.

Great work.:D

Wow! What a great meet!! Congrats to your DD!!!! Great scores and what a way to come through under pressure with the giants!!!

Yaaay for gymnasticsmom's dd! Tell her 'great job'! I am so glad her coach risked the giants and that she pulled them off. She proved something right then & there to him and to herself: She is one tough cookie, and you can count on her to do her job & shine! How fun for you. Enjoy the post-good-meet high! :D

Great job, it is amazing what being in actual competition will do, those skills get so much better. We have a level 4 in the gym who cannot do a front hip circle in practice to save her life, but when they have a "mini competition" she nails them.

Barb

What FANTASTIC scores !! You both must be so proud. Wow !! I am glad that the bar fairy was on hand and that she did a good job. DD should have lots of confidence now !!

HOLY COW! What great scores! I am so glad that she was able to do her giants. That should really help her confidence and consistency.

When is her next meet?

Wooohoooo - what an amazing first meet. You've got to love the adrenaline of competition - those pesky skills they struggle with sometimes during practice are no match for these girls when they are determined. Congrats to your dd !!!!:D

Thanks for the fairy, I don't think we need her anymore. Anyone need her?

What an awesome first meet!! I'm sure you're daughter was very pleased with herself. Please send the fairies my DD's way! :) She has her 1st L4 meet in about 3 weeks, and we could use a visit from the beam and bar fairy!

What an awesome first meet!! I'm sure you're daughter was very pleased with herself. Please send the fairies my DD's way! :) She has her 1st L4 meet in about 3 weeks, and we could use a visit from the beam and bar fairy!

I will definately send both fairies up your way. Good luck at your DD's first meet:):)

Wow!! She did amazing. And attempting the giants after struggling in warm-ups was super brave of her. Glad she not only made the giant, but stuck that landing and got an awesome score. Good for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back