Back from Vegas! Good news! DS was able to compete at Vitaly Scherbo!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
we are back from vegas, and my ds's first gymnastics meet ever. He was very nervous, but he said he had lots of fun. If you remember, last Tuesday night at practice, he injured his foot and ended up at urgent care getting xrays. Turns out it wasn't broken, but he had pulled a tendon, and it hurt like crazy. We didn't think he would even end up competing. But, he felt good enough to go, and he didn't even need to scratch any events!

We stopped and walked around on the Hoover Dam and saw the new Memorial bridge...I think Christian was the most impressed with that!! Vegas was crazy, and really, I'm in no hurry to go back, lol! But...it was a great experience, and I know he will always remember it!!

He really struggled with the pommel horse...something that I guess will just come with time and practice. He has only been on the team since October...about 3 months now. And he just started Gymnastics a year ago in late December.

Everything else, though, I thought he did really well on, and he was pleased with himself...6th place all around.

and Vitaly Scherbo himself handed out the medals. Pretty cool!! :)

[video=youtube;XySnBaXAHoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XySnBaXAHoE[/video]

He did great!! Love seeing the boys routines. Not too many parents on here sharing how their boys do! They have so much more strength in their routines. Great job on his first meet!! Glad he got to go and compete. Hope he is healing up well. :)

Way to go to your DS. I think he did a wonderful job, esp for his FIRST EVER meet. I love watching the guys do their thing too. Wish they had more than rec for boys at our gym, because so far my ds love gymnastics. Please keep us posted on how he does..with video update of course..lol

Way to go to your DS. I think he did a wonderful job, esp for his FIRST EVER meet. I love watching the guys do their thing too. Wish they had more than rec for boys at our gym, because so far my ds love gymnastics. Please keep us posted on how he does..with video update of course..lol

thanks! ours is really growing...when my son started gym, there were 3 boys in his (rec)class and 3 boys on the team. he moved to preteam and was actually the only preteamer (lol) Now there are 6 on the team, 5 on the preteam, and two rec boys classes with about 6 kids in each, and my littlest ds is in a preschool class that happens to be all boys and there are 4 of them. Now that we are in our new facility, I think that total number of boys is just going to keep growing! It's great!!

Awesome job for his first meet! Not to mention how awesome the result was for someone dealing with an injury and only being in the gym for a year. It's fun to watch the boys, especially the little ones, because while some of the skills are the same the course of the progressions and the focus in each group seem to be so different. Keep sharing his progress with us!

He did awesome! I like watching mens gymnastics. A LOT more strength in those routines! My gym no longer has a boys team, so I don't ever get to see boys gymnastics anymore. You must be proud of him!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back