Back Hand spring!! (brag)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
at gym last week, i did my BHS on low beam by myself and on the medium beam with the beam pad and a mat under it!! I used to be so afraid of anything on beam and i guess i just did it!!
And that day was the first day i really started working on them too! My mom is going to buy me a new leotard for getting over my fears :).
I am so excited!!

Congrats! I know what it's like to be so scared. It's weird, but sometimes it just clicks. Not sure how it is for you, but for me it's just about getting into my zone. I way easily distracted. Mostly by myself, you know, just random thoughts, I get really self conscious at times. I kinda want what I do to be perfect and if it's not and I know it's not I get scared. So I guess that's just a subconscious reaction to fear of not being perfect. It has improved tons though over the past few years. I've kinda learned to just chuck a skill to get a feel for it and then work on technique. It's like, I need to know I will survive before I can really worry about technique.

Congrats!! I'm still working on mine on low beam. I have them great with light spot and am still working hard to get them as great by myself...I should have them soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back