Back Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juni

Sep 22, 2007
Wisconsin, US
Anyone got any tips for the roundoff-bhs-backlayout tumbling pass?

My ro-bhs-back tuck is really good-and all my coaches say that I should be doing layouts. I can do them on the tumbletrack and on floor, but apparently I arch into it or something. My coaches tell me to stay hollow...any tips on that?

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!
H

hammy

Great advice you two!! Also, think about looking for something on the wall in front of you before you flip--then look at it when you go to land as well. Try thinking toes over the top and to be open when you do the flip. I suggest toes over the top because a lot of gymnasts like to through their hips forward when they do their layout and toes over will help them bring it over in hollow position.

B

BlairBob

I taught my little cheerleader how to do a scooped back drop to back with little to no travel. Jump up, scoop with the toes in a hollow, rotate 1/4.

We played with back pike a bit and by chance telling her to scoop through the back pike while squeezing her butt turned into a back layout. She didn't really know what she was doing that day, but that's exactly what I wanted. It worked out the first day and then fell apart thereafter. However, it's solidifying itself slowly.

She's also small enough I could spot back drop to handstand in hollow or spot all the way through to feet.

Somewhere in there were spotted lever pulls to candle ( spotted somewhat heavy but I wanted her to learn the shape vs having the strength for it ).

G

gymnast321

hey umm all u need to do is when u take off from ur back handspring quickly tuck ur head in and focus on ur toes this should help think positive and u can do it i know u can practice some backhanspring rebounds with back tuck no rounoff just backhandspring to back tuck keeping ur head in at all times. TIP:) :) Try doing that drill w/ a piece of foam under ur chin. this will help keep ur head in.

GOOD LUCK!!
you can do anything u put ur mind to:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!