Back pain on endos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Today, one of my boys did endos on strap bar for the first time (and they were absolutely stunningly beautiful, even though he'd never even attempted them before except out of a forward sole circle), and after doing a few said his back was hurting a little.

Is back pain typical when endos are first introduced? Is this anything I need to worry about? Is there any preventative stretching or conditioning I could have him do?

Today, one of my boys did endos on strap bar for the first time (and they were absolutely stunningly beautiful, even though he'd never even attempted them before except out of a forward sole circle), and after doing a few said his back was hurting a little.

Is back pain typical when endos are first introduced? Is this anything I need to worry about? Is there any preventative stretching or conditioning I could have him do?

yes, it is typical. yes, keep a check on it and do not do them every day for the first couple of months. more drills. yes, has to stretch hamstrings and low back. also, needs to learn to 'exhale' when going thru the bottom and NOT hold breath. same applies for stalders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back