Back Tuck!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MoonKid

Gymnast/Coach
So I've joined the trampoline club at my university after being in rec level artistic gymnastics since I was 5. Anyways, last night for the first time in about 1.5 years I was doing back tucks!! I've had them periodically over the years but never for long and never this good. Last time I did one by myself that actually looked like a back tuck was 4.5 years ago.

It was really scary each time the coach reduced the level of spotting, especially when I went from a light spot with the coach holding onto me the whole time to him standing on the side and then jumping in to spot me once I start flipping.

By the end of the night I was doing them consistently by myself with the coach on the other side of the gym not even watching!!

I was so excited when I got home that it took me a long time to fall asleep because the adrenaline was still pumping through me so much.

Nice! Back tucks are fun! Must be nice to get the skill back so quickly!

Thanks! They are fun. I never expected to be doing them by myself that day. I especially didn't expect it after the coach told me that he wouldn't spot me until I showed him a decent pullover (back-drop flip over to feet) which I had had briefly in the fall before I tweaked my shoulder doing one and got scared. I guess something just clicked sometime in the last 2.5 years since the last time I tried to do one by myself. :)

Congrats! I can't do a standing back tuck to save my life. I don't pull my toes fast enough. I can tsuk, but my coach always makes fun of me when I do standing pikes off the vault because they are soooo slow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back