Back Tuck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonKid

Gymnast/Coach
Jun 26, 2007
Ontario, Canada
So I've joined the trampoline club at my university after being in rec level artistic gymnastics since I was 5. Anyways, last night for the first time in about 1.5 years I was doing back tucks!! I've had them periodically over the years but never for long and never this good. Last time I did one by myself that actually looked like a back tuck was 4.5 years ago.

It was really scary each time the coach reduced the level of spotting, especially when I went from a light spot with the coach holding onto me the whole time to him standing on the side and then jumping in to spot me once I start flipping.

By the end of the night I was doing them consistently by myself with the coach on the other side of the gym not even watching!!

I was so excited when I got home that it took me a long time to fall asleep because the adrenaline was still pumping through me so much.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!
N

NYgymfan

Nice! Back tucks are fun! Must be nice to get the skill back so quickly!

MoonKid

Gymnast/Coach
Jun 26, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Thanks! They are fun. I never expected to be doing them by myself that day. I especially didn't expect it after the coach told me that he wouldn't spot me until I showed him a decent pullover (back-drop flip over to feet) which I had had briefly in the fall before I tweaked my shoulder doing one and got scared. I guess something just clicked sometime in the last 2.5 years since the last time I tried to do one by myself. :)

gymgymgymnast08

Former Gymnast
Proud Relative
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
Congrats! I can't do a standing back tuck to save my life. I don't pull my toes fast enough. I can tsuk, but my coach always makes fun of me when I do standing pikes off the vault because they are soooo slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!