Ballet update on Dani + Video :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know some of you have been asking for me to keep you all updated on Dani's dancing since she quit gym. Her ballet company did a performance at a museum this past weekend and I was able to get some video. Here is her doing a Clara scene from The Nutcracker. Instead of using a nutcracker to entice Clara as a gift, Drosselmeyer uses various other toys and some colorful trains (to tie in with the train theme of the B&O Railroad museum.) Because of the slippery floor at the museum, the dancers were dancing in soft shoe only. Clara will be dancing en pointe for the Nutcracker performances in a few weeks.

Enjoy!!
[video=youtube;Mna3dE63Z_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mna3dE63Z_U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww. I loved it. Tell Dani she did a wonderful job. So glad she is doing so well and is enjoying ballet.

Very nice! Thank you so much for sharing! She does make a very good Clara. I love love love the nutcracker! Their costumes were very pretty, too! When are her full length performances? Soon, I would imagine. Tell her good luck from us!!

Beautiful!! She is really in her element, you can tell. So much intricate footwork, all that time at the barre is paying off huh?

I will let older DD watch. She is dying to see the Nutcracker here, she has some friends who are in the ensemble for the traveling ballet company that performs it here every year. DD had her Christmas recital last night...I have to say I enjoy dance performances because I am not nervous for her!! ;)

Azgymmiemom--her performances are the weekend of Dec 16th-18th (3 shows). Next weekend through the following week is production week--rehearsals EVERY day or evening. It's crunch time!!

Madigym00--YES--all those long hours at the barre are definitely paying off! I like to think of the barre work as the "compulsories and necessary skills needed" (although they can be very boring). But a good foundation will make a great dancer, just like in gymnastics!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back