MAG banquet anyone?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

dmytv

Coach
At my old gym we had an end of the year banquet. The girls dressed up, we showed a video of the season's highlights and ate food and cake and the girls had a good time. I would like to start this up at the new gym but I am unsure how to deal with the boys. Do they like a banquet or maybe just call it a party or end of year celebration. We have a good boys comp. program and would like to encourage and recognize their hard work. I have 3 girls myself so the world of boys is foreign to me. Any suggestions?

We include the boys in our banquet, they are acknowledged the same way as the girls. We probably have about 75 kids total, 4hours of dinner, awards, senior speeches, raffles, dancing with a highlights video running in the background during the entire evening.

we are an all girls gym and we do a banquet. im sure it wouldnt be much different than a girls team banquet. just food, awards, video, speeches. etc. i know my old gym that has boys at it started doing an end of the season pool party/banquet

I like one banquet for all but just realize that you will never make everyone happy. My son's gym (daughter's old gym) has one banquet for all. I like this approach but there are a few of the boy's team parents that complain. There are significantly more girls than boys and the girl's coaches spend more time talking about each gymnast. So basically the majority of the banquet is about the girls and the boys part is done in 10 minutes. Since I had both a girl and boy at the gym, I didn't notice until I ran into a couple of very unhappy mom's in the restroom. The cake and balloons were the colors of the girl's team, the boys table ate last and there was no cake left.. they had many more things to complain about. I just listened and nodded. I still would do a single banquet. Good luck!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back