Parents Bar Fairy is in NJ!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
My oldest DD came out of practice with a very positive attitude on Monday, which is a big change for her.

She announced that she got "some of her bar skills" and just "needs 2 more". She now has her clear-hip-cast-to-handstand and giants. She is working on her handstand pirouette and giant-to-flyaway.

This is much improved from the "I hate bars, it is too hard" mentality that I've been listening to for the past few months!

That is awesome - and precisely what my dd needs - so now that she should be able to start using her wrist again - would you mind sending that particular bar fairy down south :D Congrats to your dd !!!

YEAH for her! Not exactly sure what all of these skills are (OK I know what a giant is and a fly-away) but they sound *BIG* CONGRATS!

Sounds like she's made nice-nice with the bars and has conquered them this year!

Now if you please...if you see the beam fairy...send her to us. DD did her beam routine the other night and our coach/judge gave her a 8.7 while almost all her teamates scored 9's. She was upset even though I told her 8's were good! Our first meet is Sunday @ENA

Now if you please...if you see the beam fairy...send her to us. DD did her beam routine the other night and our coach/judge gave her a 8.7 while almost all her teamates scored 9's. She was upset even though I told her 8's were good! Our first meet is Sunday @ENA

I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for your DD! I hate when they get scored in the gym. It could be giving some girls false hope while really discouraging others!! Our L4's are competing at Bishop Ahr this Sun. I wanted to go watch but my girls have to cheer at football games starting at 10:30 so I don't know if I can swing it even with the 8am report time!

On a separate note, my little one is still grumbling over having to be a 2nd yr L5 while everyone else has moved up....but last night the HC took her aside and told her she was his "star" and he was going to put up her picture on the wall. I'm not sure what that means but she seemed happier and he had her demonstrate all the skills for her tumbling workout to the other girls in her group (L4's and 5's).

She will be competing L8 this year (well, January). Our gym does not "require" giants for 7. Only 1 of our L7's competed them last yr.

Gymmonkeymomma - just curious what age your dd is? We live in NJ and my dd will be competing L8 too, she just turned 12 on Sept 17th. Her first meet will be the Rutgers Classic. Maybe we will cross paths....

Wow! That is awesome. I love bars. I am always sneaking peaks at the optional girls practicing on bars.

Gymmonkeymomma - just curious what age your dd is? We live in NJ and my dd will be competing L8 too, she just turned 12 on Sept 17th. Her first meet will be the Rutgers Classic. Maybe we will cross paths....

My DD will turn 12 on Jan 30th so she will be in the same age group as your DD! Her first meet won't be until January. Our team starts L5 and 8 with the Greater NY meet in Dec, but my DD has her one and only cheering competition that day! I'm sure we will meet up at some point!

My DD will turn 12 on Jan 30th so she will be in the same age group as your DD! Her first meet won't be until January. Our team starts L5 and 8 with the Greater NY meet in Dec, but my DD has her one and only cheering competition that day! I'm sure we will meet up at some point!

I'm sure we will - small world huh!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back