Parents Bar fairy paid us a vist this weekend!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD FINALLY got her front hip circle. We have been off since Tuesday so a couple of us decided to go to open gym Sat & Sunday. Well DD did her front hip circle. Her little face just lit up. Be best friend was on the bars facing her and about fell off when she saw DD do it. She came running off her bar and give DD the biggest hug. DD was crying two weeks ago when her BF got her's and was so frustrated. So it was a very exiting moment when she finally did it.

We did another open gym today and she was doing it about 80% of the time with her routine. She had 3 team mates there all cheering for her and excited that she got it. All dd said was if I was only old enough I would be cleared to compete all events now. She talked to her coach last night and all she could do was tell her that she got her last skill. She coach thought it was so cute. So who needs the bar fairy next?

Way to go!! :D

That bar fairy has been busy this month! hehe!! My Pixie picked up her FHC and her stride circle within the month, too. Isn't it a joy to watch their faces when all of their hard work finally pays off?

Woo hoo!! That's awesome! Send the bar fairy our way. Dd still needs to get her FHC and stride circle. I think it's hard on her because most of the other girls can do them... but she's still only about 5 weeks into joining the team. She's close, so hopefully she'll get them before the first meet mid-January.

Her little face just lit up. Be best friend was on the bars facing her and about fell off when she saw DD do it. She came running off her bar and give DD the biggest hug.

:highfive:
And I'm sure mom's face lit up just as bright.

When my DD finally 'get's' something new... that glowing smile is what keeps ME coming to the gym to watch.

Great news! Now...on to Giants. :)

How wonderful for her! That's why I love to do what I do. I live off those bright "I got it!" faces.

Here is where it hard for me to be coach/parent. My DD just got her front hip about a month ago during practices. However, it hasn't materialized during a meet yet. Parent in me says it will come... like maybe during our state meet in 2 weeks. Coach in me has to hide a bit of competitive disappointment because I know the "best" didn't come out of her in front of judge. I would never show that kind of disappointment to one that young yet. But, oh to know she can do so much better.... I know it will come. I just have to let it evolve out of her at her own pace. Even not making it, she's competitive for her Level and age group here, and places top 4 consistently... but man how she would feel on a first place podium because she was able to focus long enough to put it all together!

No, I swear she's doing this sport because she loves it... really! But I can't help but feel I'm living a little vicariously through her and remembering all my own successes and wanting all that for her too.

Anyhow, congrats to your DD. Send that bar fairy towards the Rocky Mountains on Dec 13th for us.

Congradulation to your dd for her new skill! FHC is a big one and one that can seem to take forever!

Your dd is five years old too, right? When will she start competing level 4? In the spring or in the fall of '09? When does your dd turn 6? Liv turns 6 in mid April. Last week she started training L4 routines. And boy was she so excited to be learning something new. I was too! Their faces are priceless when they learn a new skill or "trick" as dd likes to call it. You can just see all the self esteem enter inside them.

My favorite part of gymnastics is when I see girls get a skill for the first time. I love to see them glowing. Congrats on the FHC. Please send the bar fairy our way for DD, her mock meet is in 2 weeks and she is still missing her FHC.

Well, good for her:)! That can be a tough one. It is so cool to see those "I finally got it" moments! Especially on something that they have worked so hard for. Now that you won't be needing the bar fairy for a while, could you send her our way - - - dd is desperately trying to get her kip;)?!

Congradulation to your dd for her new skill! FHC is a big one and one that can seem to take forever!

Your dd is five years old too, right? When will she start competing level 4? In the spring or in the fall of '09? When does your dd turn 6? Liv turns 6 in mid April. Last week she started training L4 routines. And boy was she so excited to be learning something new. I was too! Their faces are priceless when they learn a new skill or "trick" as dd likes to call it. You can just see all the self esteem enter inside them.

Yes DD is 5. She turns 6 in late May. She will not get to compete till all of 09. She was so excited that she now has all of her skills and her routines look pretty compeitive with the rest of her team. I forgot that your DD was in the same age group. DD is already talking to her coach about working her kips now. :eek: She started to work them this past summer but hasn't gotten any work on them for the past few months while learning her Lev 4 routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back