Parents Bar fairy was here too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD just got her Kip (Thank God!) now if she could just get more consistent on her cartwheel on the beam. She is a repeat level 4, and some of the 5's are teasing her that she will not make level 5 this year (her coach said they would move her up mid-season). The great thing about repeating is that last year she really stunk (3 medals all year) and her first meet this year she tied for second place all around out of ALL the age groups! (she didn't win any golds, but she had a silver, a bronze, a 5th and an 8th 37.05 AA)

She has a big meet this Saturday (our home meet) and she started coming down with a cold yesterday, so I hope she will be back to her old self by then!

Had to brag about the kip though. We have some level 5's that still don't have it.
val

Way to go girl! That kip seems to be a tough one for a lot girls.That's got to be tough on her to be held back will team mates were moved up ,but it sounds like she will rock her 2nd year at L4 which will be a huge confidence booster.

Yay for her! That is a huge skill! Mine tries so hard to get hers, they don't work on them, but she sure wants it. LOL. I am glad she is having a good 2nd L4 season. 37AA is awesome!! I am sure she is proud of herself and all her hard work.

My little one is starting her first complete season of L4 in a few weeks, but I think she will need at least 2 more to get a huge improvement on her AA and win medals, etc. Her average last season (she did the last 3 meets in 3 week time span) was 28AA. I am hoping she gets at least a 30AA this seaon.

I wish girls weren't so hard on eachother. They don't realize how much they can hurt other's feelings. Or sometimes, they actually do, sadly. Glad she finally got that kip and I bet that her cartwheel will get more consistent with time. That skill is tricky as well. I see a lot of girls struggle on it.

WOW - 37AA is great!!! Yay for her getting her kip, too:)! The level 5's that are teasing her better watch out, she's going to come show them how it's done:D! Now that you are done with the bar fairy for awhile, could you send her this way? DD is still trying to get her kip:(! She has all her other level 5 skills, but has struggled with the kip for quite some time. She is unbelievably close - - - I think that makes it all the more frustrating for her!

I'll be happy to send the bar fairy after Saturday...big meet here!

I think we are done being sick, but now they are calling for snow all the rest of this week. Probably not enough to cancel the meet, but enough to make getting there a pain in the patootie!:p

Thanks!
Val

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back